Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → OH NOES! ZED doesn't work!
OH NOES! ZED doesn't work!
2009-09-25, 4:46 PM #1
ZED won't open on vista - it crashes saying D3DRM.DLL not found. (this is with the 2008 update). Any ideas?

edit - is there a certain way you're supposed to install ZED besides just extracting the directory?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-09-25, 7:45 PM #2
I got that file from here. I've used the site before, seems clean.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3drm

Although I take no responsibility if there is a problem, heh.... anyways, I just put the file in the ZED directory I unzipped to and it loads.
2009-09-29, 2:15 PM #3
d3drm is part of DirectX, use the DirectX Web Installer to update DirectX. Any other method, ESPECIALLY downloading random DLLs, has a chance of confusing DirectX as well as mixing old and new components (welcome to DLL hell).

2009-09-29, 2:18 PM #4
I guess I should have said that I solved this by googling D3DRM.DLL. MZZT, I don't think you can get that particular file with DX anymore.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY

↑ Up to the top!