Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Resource Picker is slooooooow
Resource Picker is slooooooow
2009-10-14, 9:33 PM #1
I suspect this might be because I'm running ZED on a bootcamp imac. My computer slows to an absolute crawl whenever the resource picker window is open...it makes texturing/cogging/item placing a huge pain (we're talking like 15-30 seconds to populate the window, click on a texture and click OK_.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-10-15, 6:12 AM #2
I wonder if it's reading those things from your cd drive instead of the HD? What happens if the cd is out of the drive? Have you added a bunch of stuff or is it mostly the stock stuff? I'm running zed in a windows xp vm under vmware fusion and it's not slow. Bootcamp is mostly just a boot loader that allows you to run windows on a mac -- it's not an emulation layer, so you should have the same speeds as comparable non-mac hardware.
2009-10-15, 11:25 AM #3
No, it's definitely reading them of the HD, I'm running ZED without the CD in most of the time (though it doesn't seem to make a difference if I have the disc in the drive). I thought it might be some weird dual-core issue or something...

And it's all the stock resources.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-10-15, 2:00 PM #4
Did you try deleting your zed dir and reinstalling? (make sure you don't delete your project files)

I can't think of anything else, I never really had a problem. Do you have an antivirus with 'active scan' enabled? I think the resource picker scans the directory each time you load it.

↑ Up to the top!