Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → JK Specs?
JK Specs?
2009-10-22, 1:15 PM #1
Used to be massassi linked out to code alliance. Turns out that was a bad idea because CA web site is gone. Is there another place with the latest version of the JK Specs?
2009-10-22, 1:18 PM #2
The JKSpecs are included in the helpfile including all the Massassi tutorials.

http://www.massassi.net/tutorials/jk_editing_manual.zip
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-10-22, 1:48 PM #3
The reference section on the hub is much better, newer information. The specs are way outdated.

What exactly are you looking for? COG verbs?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-10-22, 1:59 PM #4
Well, I'm going to have to do some cogging for my level, I wanted to read up on it again. The last cogging I did was for JK Arena and that was years and years ago. I used the JK Specs for that and didn't notice any problems. How are they outdated?
2009-10-22, 2:00 PM #5
I just looked at the reference section. It has 649 pages! Is there an index somewhere that breaks things down like the index of the JK Specs, or am I supposed to just use this list?
2009-10-22, 2:03 PM #6
I found some online: http://jeffz.name/jkspecs_v04/

If you click Cog under level, then under References you can see categories of functions, so for example to see all the ones that can affect surfaces, just click the "Surfaces" link. Then it has an breakdown of what they all do - not just the function name, but short description as well. Much easier to browse through.
2009-10-22, 2:16 PM #7
Yeah, the hub's pages aren't organized that well. If you are just doing simple level cogging, the specs should be fine.

As far as being outdated, just general inaccuracy. Common verbs should be okay. I think some of the more advanced verbs weren't really fleshed out properly.

DataMaster is more updated than the specs, and is much of the source material for the hub's wiki. It's a downloadable set of HTML pages. It's very handy from an organizational perspective because it has links between pages, like when the description of one verb references another, etc. I'd recommend that and, if you need to double check, search the hub's wiki.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-10-22, 2:18 PM #8
Cool, thanks, I'll check that out.
2009-10-22, 4:23 PM #9
DataMaster is definitely the best for Cogs. I love it.

For the references on the hub, the Table of Contents should help organize it a bit. :)
2009-10-22, 4:34 PM #10
That's helpful, thanks. Is it in that big list? Maybe it should be named 0000_Table_of_Contents or something so it shows at the top :)

↑ Up to the top!