Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Colormap Discussion
Colormap Discussion
2009-10-23, 1:46 PM #1
I recently re-realized that each level has a "master" colormap and then individual "sector" colormaps. I looked at the FAQ and I vaguely remember writing this out a long time ago:
Quote:
I've set the Master Colormap, but some of my textures still have pink in them.
While each level has to have a master colormap, each sector can still be set with a different one. This is designed to be used with complementing colormaps, such as the 01 suite. If you set the master colormap, 3D-accelerated graphics cards will display the level correctly, but then when non-3D accelerated cards are used, the pink shows up. This is because the individual sector colormaps are set differently than the Master CMP. Just multi-select all of your sectors, press enter, then choose the correct colormap in the selection area.

I probably got the information from someone else, because I don't think I ever knew how or why to specify a colormap for a sector different than the master. Will someone please explain how and why to use a colormap for a sector different than the master colormap? Can I really use it to get access to more textures? For example, I'm using 06baron, which doesn't have many industrial/imperial textures, will modifying the sector colormap somehow let me get at more?

Thanks in advance.
2009-10-23, 11:19 PM #2
As I recall, the sector colormap was one of the options available in JED/ZED when you were editing the properties of that sector. Select the sector, then go to the properties, and you'll see +COLORMAP as one of the tags.

I just did a quick test, and no, changing the colormap of an individual sector will not allow you to use other textures for that sector than the ones intended for the master colormap. The errors are still visible.

Rather, this option seems to be available primarily to use the 01Red and 01Yellow colormaps to change the 01Nar textures to red and yellow hues respectively for the CTF levels.
2009-10-24, 7:40 AM #3
The 01 set of colormaps contain the exact same colormap throughout. The Red and Yellow ones simply have different light information, tinting them red or yellow. It's just a difference in light tables, not color tables.

↑ Up to the top!