Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Shooting Buildings
Shooting Buildings
2009-12-31, 7:43 AM #1
Now here is my question, I know when you want to make a slashable grate, and its a large surface, even if its tiled, when you slash/shoot it, the whole tiled surface is displayed as slashed.

Now if I cleave that surface into 4, and have the shootable properties set, if you shot just one corner, will only that face switch to the "destroyed" look or will all of the adjacent faces switch to it as well?

And this CAN be done with 3do too correct?

See sc's for ZED examples.
Attachment: 23299/01.JPG (12,511 bytes)
Attachment: 23300/02.JPG (12,744 bytes)
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2009-12-31, 7:49 AM #2
Just try it and let us know
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-12-31, 9:22 AM #3
I wrote a slashable grate cog for Hysteria that supports this. It's attached.

--Options--
required_damage: the number of damage points before the slash occurs
restrict_damage: 1 == respond to saber/explosives only, 0 == respond to everything
link_grates: 1 == slash all grates when one goes, 0 == don't do this
grateN: the grate surfaces
--
Attachment: 23302/function_slashgrate.txt (1,869 bytes)
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2009-12-31, 2:40 PM #4
Is this COG useable for a 3DO? and i think this is going to be one big project since i would love to have multiple hit locations per building.
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2009-12-31, 3:01 PM #5
No, it will not work with objects. You're not trying to implement geo-mod in JK, are you? Because that's insane.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2009-12-31, 3:51 PM #6
Would be very very nice lol.
I remember it in red faction lol. Grenade the wall and invade lol.
No i just want slashable textures on the models lol.
We can't impliment Geo-Mod technology in JK can we?
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2009-12-31, 4:46 PM #7
Yes and no. You can't modify the 3do geometry. You can replace it with a similar "destructed" 3do. MotS had this. It's just a matter of creating the 3do's and then creating a cog to replace them when touched by a projectile (or however MotS did it).
2009-12-31, 5:41 PM #8
So is that a MotS exclusive? that would be pretty nifty, but still wouldnt help with only wanting certain portions destroyed. It would be like destructible walls in JK and MotS right?
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2009-12-31, 8:16 PM #9
Yes, basically, the easiest way to do it, would be to break up the pieces of the wall into separate 3do's to begin with.

For instance, something like this toy (except maybe more pieces):
[https://s3.amazonaws.com/dragonfly_products_prod/assets/29879/hi-tv531_reallyhuge.jpg]
Set the template of those 3do's as _throwable and then align them back up with your main building 3do. Then when an object crashes into it (like a projectile) it'll break (and fall if it's off the ground to begin with).
2009-12-31, 8:41 PM #10
Ah well then unfortunatily that would be quite difficult to do with my buildings lol. maybe i'll figure out a use for it. so if an object is templated as _throwable will it interect as though there is gravity? will that make it work with a conveyor cog? lol
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2009-12-31, 8:53 PM #11
Originally posted by Zero_Raven:
Ah well then unfortunatily that would be quite difficult to do with my buildings lol. maybe i'll figure out a use for it. so if an object is templated as _throwable will it interect as though there is gravity? will that make it work with a conveyor cog? lol

It may. _throwable templates move when you collide with them, use force throw, or within range of an explosion.
2009-12-31, 9:21 PM #12
hmm i'll have to try this. hmm, might make for alot of throwabloe fun.
THE GUNDAM PROJECT

↑ Up to the top!