Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Jedi Knight Enhanced Mysteries of the Sith
Jedi Knight Enhanced Mysteries of the Sith
2010-01-01, 2:46 AM #1
Hi i am new here (sorry abouy my english),
But i have a question?
I play jedi knight dark forces 2 with the mod Enhanced and enjoy every second of it.
And i try to install Mysteries of the Sith with this mod (i read in hub fourm that it can be done),
But my problem is the charcter kyle is still apper like in the original Mysteries of the Sith, and in jedi knight dark forces 2 with the mod look the best.
my question is how do i change the kyle character in Mysteries of the Sith ?
please help me!
2010-01-04, 5:51 PM #2
I think MOTS uses the kk.3do model for Kyle and Jedi Knight uses ky.3do.

If you rename "kk" to "ky" in the .gob file, maybe it will work...
or...
1). extract ky.3do from .gob file using Conman
2). rename it to kk.3do
3). add that file to the .gob file...

unless I'm totally wrong...

:suicide:
er...
2010-01-05, 1:16 PM #3
That would work, but Kyle would be dressed as he is in JK, and not his "dark" suit from MotS. And unless you grab the high-poly Mara from Emon, you'll be back to a low-poly player in a few levels anyway, plus the other MotS-specific models like the Rebel Troopers, Ithorians, KaPaa the Hutt, Noghri, Pirates, etc.
2010-01-07, 1:31 PM #4
ok i try it and it work.
tank you all so much. but Kievan Mereel, dud you main that is away to change mara also?
i didn't understand you?
please explain to me what did you main?
2010-01-12, 9:58 AM #5
You do the same process with the mj.3do (I think that's the name) that you did with kyle's 3do. The only catch is that you have to have a higher-poly model to replace Mara with. Emon here on the boards has a high-poly Mara, but you'll have to ask him really nicely if you can have it. PM me if you have any more questions.
2010-01-12, 12:01 PM #6
MaDa had a high poly female model. You'd need to texture it. You can find it here:
http://www.thelimelite.net/html/models.shtml
2010-01-19, 12:47 PM #7
:):) thank you all for help me.
beuacouse of you my game is playfull.
thank you so much!!!!!!!
2010-01-26, 1:24 AM #8
I check the female model, but the problem is that i don't know how to texture it,
So is you know about a model like the one i use with kyle in Mysteries of the Sith let me know ?
i will appreciate it!
2010-03-24, 10:41 AM #9
Sorry to bring up old news, but I'm also interested in modernizing my MotS experience and have installed JKE and JKR (haven't tried them in MotS just yet). There seems to be a distinct lack of hi-poly models for JK and MotS. Any other places to look for them?
2010-03-25, 5:34 AM #10
Other than here and the JKHub.net? No, not really.

↑ Up to the top!