Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → 3DO issue?
3DO issue?
2010-01-01, 8:03 AM #1
Well I'm using a 3do for a light fixture in my level with a transparent light beam, my issue is that any other object that is "behind" the light shaft is invisible until you move just past the boundry line for it. Look at the attached SC's for example.
Attachment: 23304/SHOT0000.JPG (36,765 bytes)
Attachment: 23305/SHOT0001.JPG (32,326 bytes)
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2010-01-01, 8:55 AM #2
Uncheck the "world architecture" flag on the thing.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-01-01, 9:17 AM #3
thanks mate
lets see if it works
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2010-01-01, 12:41 PM #4
For your translucent textures, try renaming with "Z_" in front of it. ie, z_lighttex01

JK seems to render the textures on objects viewed through translucent textures in reverse alphabetical order fine. This goes for translucent textures rendering behind other translucent textures as well. Otherwise, you're limited to 2 or 3 translucent renderings behind the translucent texture before they start being clipped.
2010-01-01, 4:07 PM #5
JK does nothing with alphabetical order. JK renders surfaces in the order they appear in the JKL. I don't know about 3DOs but it might be the same.

However, JED may write surfaces into JKLs or 3DOs in alphabetical order. So the fix can still work but it is not because JK renders things in any kind of alphabetical order.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-01-01, 4:22 PM #6
That's probably it. Didn't know the specifics. Just remembered reading it somewhere.
2010-01-01, 5:21 PM #7
Havent tested it yet but i'll let you know is the z_ idea works
THE GUNDAM PROJECT

↑ Up to the top!