Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Call for help with some (hopefully) simple 3dos
Call for help with some (hopefully) simple 3dos
2010-01-13, 4:39 PM #1
For my upcoming level, Wastewater Treatment Facility, I need some 3dos. Specifically, I need about 5 or 6 relatively-to-scale models of... poop. Right. For real. Not like a circle of dog poop looking stuff, rather, some logs that a healthy person might excrete. I could only reasonably make a "straight" one but it would be nice to have a couple with some curves or something. Attached is the one I came up with. If you don't mind helping, please post here (so others don't duplicate). I'm not in a rush, I'm just not good at this type of ... organic modelling.

Thanks in advance!
Attachment: 23365/crap.png (17,437 bytes)
2010-01-13, 4:41 PM #2
hahahahaha
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2010-01-13, 4:41 PM #3
I'll see what I can do
2010-01-13, 4:43 PM #4
Thanks!

(Does this put the... "Can 3dos float?" question in context?)
2010-01-13, 5:47 PM #5
Okay, here:

http://drop.io/ii8ilxp/asset/waste-zip

There's a straight fat one, a bent fat one, a coiled fat one, a bent skinny one and a coiled skinny one. I think so anyway, I was just making them and exporting as I went.

You should be able edit scale or stretch them in JOKE if you need more variation.
2010-01-13, 6:30 PM #6
Wow, holy crap. quite literally. Poop? what will we think of next?
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2010-01-15, 7:40 AM #7
Thanks for the zip, Emon. I haven't had a chance to look into it, and I likely won't until this afternoon. Just wanted to say thanks.
2010-01-15, 4:45 PM #8
Hi Emon,

I was able to load the first 4 (and they look... convincing), but I can't load the 5th one. I get errors in both Zed and in Joke. Here is the Joke error:

Quote:
Error parsing 3DO.

Error: EStringListError: List index out of bounds (47)
Line: 47
" 1: 0x0 0x1 0 -1 0 -1 0 0.... blah blah blah waste"

Also, where do I put waste.mat so the 3dos can use it? When I load them, they always show up with dflt.mat on them instead of waste.mat. I tried putting it in mat/ and 3do/mat/.

Thanks again.
2010-01-15, 5:04 PM #9
I got the waste.mat to work by editing each 3do with a text editor and changing dflt.mat to waste.mat. Thanks. I had a horrible idea to make the 3dos _throwable... but I won't do that.
2010-01-15, 6:37 PM #10
that would be funny as hell!
just think, a bunch of massassians running around flinging poo at each other!
The sh"t would have quite litterally hit the fan!
on that note, put a fan 3DO in the level! LMAO!
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2010-01-26, 10:28 PM #11
Oh, sorry I forgot to check this thread. The fifth one isn't loading because it wasn't exported properly. Unfortunately I didn't save it, I just made changes then exported. If you still need more variation, let me know.
2010-01-27, 6:21 AM #12
No worries, I think 4 is enough. Thanks again.

↑ Up to the top!