Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Debris / Throwable objects
Debris / Throwable objects
2010-01-13, 9:47 PM #1
When the level starts up, they shoot off in the +X direction at an extremely high rate. The only reason I know this is because I placed one in front of the walkplayer and slapped a flicker cog on the 3do. Even still, what I saw looked a lot like a airport runway at night.

There are no other cogs associated with this object. Without the flicker cog it zooms off almost immediately after startup.

Any thoughts? I've never encountered anything like this before.
2010-01-13, 9:49 PM #2
that is freaky.
You have NO sector thrust or conveyor cogs right?
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2010-01-13, 9:50 PM #3
Nope, none at all.
2010-01-14, 4:35 AM #4
Try moving the player and object to a new sector way off to the side somewhere.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2010-01-14, 9:32 AM #5
Do you have other mods being loaded by accident? Did you modify the player cog or any force power cogs? Is your force throw key stuck? I can't think of anything else.
2010-01-14, 12:42 PM #6
Originally posted by Brian:
Do you have other mods being loaded by accident? Did you modify the player cog or any force power cogs? Is your force throw key stuck? I can't think of anything else.

No on all counts.

I'm going to try what GBK suggested tonight. If it's something in my level, starting another project from scratch with just a sector, the object, and the walkplayer should eliminate all of the other variables.
2010-01-14, 3:21 PM #7
Tried it in both a new JK project and MotS project. Same result.

At least this eliminates anything in my level as being a factor.

Only affecting the following templates:
_debris
_debris2
_gravdebris
2010-01-14, 3:44 PM #8
Those are parent templates... are you adding them directly or something based on them?
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2010-01-14, 3:47 PM #9
Was using the stock debris 3do's (ie, shrapnel2_2) that have those templates. I also tried adding a custom 3do with those templates. I think _throwable will work for what I need and my custom 3do is working fine with it, but it still bothers me about these others...
2010-01-14, 11:46 PM #10
Check your resource directory and make sure there are no funny mods running.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!