Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Z-Fighting
Z-Fighting
2010-01-17, 6:59 PM #1
Im sure some one thought this was a DBZ thread :P

Anywho, I'm having an issue with an outddoor 3DO.
I'm making a building, with 4 walls and a "roof"
And the temporary item I have has a few z-fighting issues, especially at the external corner seams.

Attached is an in-game shot of the "seam" and the ZED preview of my odject.

I can't afford Z-Fighting once this level moves to full scale lol.
Attachment: 23371/JSHOT007.JPG (94,212 bytes)
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2010-01-18, 8:40 AM #2
Merging the sectors would resolve that. But you don't want to do that until you've finalized the model. The other option is flagging the offending surface's +GEO value to:
+GEO = 0

It's difficult to see from the images posted as to exactly where the problem is, so I apologize if this solution doesn't work for you in this particular case.
2010-01-18, 8:44 AM #3
well the problem is the seam of the 2 walls, where the 45 degree angles of the red wall and the wall to the right meet. It occurs on all 4 "walls" but only on the external of it. I didnt notice any z-fighting on the internal of the model so thats a bonus.
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2010-01-18, 12:55 PM #4
I see now. Ideally you'd want to merge these. Don't do this until your model is finalized. for now, flag the surfaces at the seam to +GEO = 0.
2010-01-18, 2:25 PM #5
well once its done ill merge and check again. this is going to be a big deal though, 2 floors in this one building, so we shall see
THE GUNDAM PROJECT

↑ Up to the top!