Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Surfaces from a long way away..
Surfaces from a long way away..
2000-08-30, 7:54 AM #1
when you look at a surface from a long way away from it it looks weird, and all repeated how do u fix this?

is it just some surface flags?

------------------
http://www.dark-underworld.com

ÐÅ®|<_Û|\|Ð3®VVØ®LÐ
2000-08-30, 10:23 AM #2
i kno what u mean, i hate that problem, it makes the levels look worse, i found it helps lowering the light a bit though

------------------
I chose the red pill, then lots of white rabbits told me to burn things.
I chose the red pill, then lots of white rabbits told me to burn things.
2000-08-30, 11:01 AM #3
am not totally sure of this, but each mat is drawn differently by the PC (or engine)

at long distances, it draws em basic and crap to cut down on processor use or sumink

well, hope i didn't get it too wrong...

feel free to laugh if I did

-Whial
2000-08-30, 11:12 AM #4
In the Level Header, increase the Mip Map values.

Each mat has 4 mip maps. The game displays a different sized one depending on how far away you are. Changing those numbers sets a minimum size that the engine will draw.

1st try changing 'em up 1, and you'll see how much it helps!

------------------
The Continuing Adventures of Mara Jade

[This message has been edited by Rhettman (edited August 30, 2000).]
2000-08-30, 11:16 AM #5
Somewhere in JED (I think it's in the Level Header editor, but I'm not sure) is a place where you can specify at what distance from the player (in JKUs) each level of detail should be applied. Basically, you just have to type in a higher number than the default setting for each of the four entries, and experiment a little to see which settings work best with the textures you're using.
2000-08-30, 11:34 AM #6
JK does that to help simulate distance. Do what Rhettman and Mohican suggested and change the mip map values to larger numbers (its the distances at which it goes through the different stages of that).

------------------
Have lightsaber will travel.

MikeC's Really Lame Home Page
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2000-08-31, 6:15 AM #7
It diddnt seem to make a difference
2000-08-31, 11:27 AM #8
Than increase the value. Also, changing the U and V scales of the mat can blur things a bit. Did ya change the texture scale at all? That might be the problem.

------------------
The Continuing Adventures of Mara Jade
2000-09-01, 4:00 AM #9
How do you change the U and V scales of the mat?

and i did change the scales, about to take off all scales...

------------------
http://www.dark-underworld.com

ÐÅ®|<_Û|\|Ð3®VVØ®LÐ

[This message has been edited by Dark_Underworld (edited September 01, 2000).]
2000-09-01, 4:24 AM #10
nope, diddnt work, still looks weird, i also tried opening valley of thr jedi tower, cuz that has surfacs that r far away, but it diddnt help

↑ Up to the top!