Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Would it be possible to...
Would it be possible to...
2000-09-03, 8:02 AM #1
1) Make a cog that makes it where if you don't kill another player in a specified time your screen fades to black and you die?

2) And can you make a dome that is not like in a building but on the outside of a building like a cathedral? So it would be done using negative space editing? Is that possible?

------------------
Creator and Leader of the Free World!!!
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2000-09-03, 3:25 PM #2
As for the cogging question, I think yes its possible. As for the dome question, try the indoor sector illusion tutorial here at wonderfull Massasi.
The irreverant crapsayer strikes again!

"Only when you have stopped trying have you been defeated. Because you were defeated by yourself."

"Your life has no limitations, and can break all boundaries. Except that of those in your own mind." -Val Langley

"Hurts, doesn't it? It would have been a lot less painfull if you had just faced your fears" -Piccolo Jr.
2000-09-03, 4:05 PM #3
for the cogging you would need a pulse message
do you need me to do it for you?

and for the dome, if you don't do it with a 3do, your framerate would be in the decimal range
And meanwhile the bus with legs has destroyed half of disneyland . . . and nobody cares!
2000-09-03, 11:11 PM #4
External Domes aren't difficult to make but overuse will decimate framerate. Cleave a cube sector at the bottom of a big room and from a side-view cleave the sector into half and octogen
_ _
/ \
| |

now select all sectors and rotate 45 degress on the z axis and do the same again repeatedly until you get the dome shape, then delete
2000-09-04, 4:06 AM #5
Midget if you would do the cog I'd be forever grateful. I'll do a dome 3do. Muchas gracias

------------------
Creator and Leader of the Free World!!!
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2000-09-04, 6:53 AM #6
i was gonna see if i could do this just to test my self so first i started with the falling death cog where camerfades out

and then where it says settimer amount of time before you die i think i was gonna make it an if statement but then i couldnt think of how to make i send some sort of message syaing you killed somone so first on an outlandish hunch i decide to look for acommand that checks the score...couldnt find one. then i decided i could dedicate one of those empty bins to how many poeple you kill and use the code from pedestrian cogs
somthing like this:
player = GetLocalPlayerThing();
killer = GetSourceRef();

// Player killed a pedestrian.
if (player == killer)
{
ChangeInv( player, new bin #, 1.0 );
}

then back in the timer section you could put:

kills=getinv(player, new bin #)
if (kills != 1)
{DamageThing(player, 1000, 1, -1);
}

so then the end code would look something like this if anyone finds a problem with it please tell me:

Code:
# Jedi Knight Cog Script
# 00 GENERAL SCRIPT - Falling Camera Script
#
# -YW 4/23/97
# ========================================================================================
#
# (C) 1997 LucasArts Entertainment Co. All Rights Reserved

symbols

message	        crossed
message	        timer

surface	        fallSurface

thing		player			local
thing		camera	      		local
template	ghostThing=ghost	local

end

# ========================================================================================

## Code Section
code

# .................................................................................................

crossed:
	player = GetLocalPlayerThing();
   killer = GetSourceRef();

// Player killed a someone.
   if (player == killer)
   {
      ChangeInv( player, new bin #, 1.0 );
   }
	SetTimer(30.0);	

return;

# .................................................................................................

timer:
	kills=getinv(player, new bin #)
	camera = CreateThing(ghostThing, player);

if (kills != 1)
	{

SetThingLook(camera, '0 0 -1'); 
	// Set POV camera
	SetCurrentCamera(1);
	SetCameraFocus(0, camera);
	SetTimer(5.0);

DamageThing(player, 1000, 1, -1);
}