Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Food!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NIKmuffin.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	28536

Today's NIKmuffin turned quite good - best in looks so far (not in taste because I didn't bother laying the bacon strips out evenly so that each bite would have included some bacon in it)

ALL GLORY TO THE CONTEST WINNER

Is this still using a weird eggmaker?

Oh yeah, it's the McMuffin (or NIKmuffin) maker.

Likes Kittens. Eats Fluffies
    more like NIKnothin'

Remind me why this Nikumubeki guy is supposed to hate `merica? I'd say the man would very much enjoy a bacon cheeseburger.

Looking at the mirror, I think I've enjoyed a bit too many of those.

Child's Play CharitySon of Krokodile XVI
    Does your mirror somehow get fat when you eat too much?
    Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.

Child's Play CharitySon of Krokodile XVI
    Excellent.
    Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.

Nice.

Admiral of Awesome
    can you get english muffins in Finland, or would you have to make them yourself?

Based on a quick look, you've got to come up with them yourself. Unless you want an actual McMuffin.

Admiral of Awesome
    That's too bad. It's basically an overproofed high-hydration bread (>85%) so not quite the easiest things to make.

Admiral of Awesome
    (if I had to guess, English muffins probably came from someone frying up sourdough discard for breakfast)

I'm still amazed that English muffins are called muffins in the first place.

Alas, I use weird burger(ish) buns for my egg-bacon-concoctions https://public.keskofiles.com/f/k-ru...max&q=40&dpr=2

Admiral of Awesome
    Most english food names have strange etymologies. Muffin once exclusively described flatbreads, now it means cupcake without frosting. Pudding once exclusively described kinds of sausage, now it describes starch-thickened sweet oozes. I think porridge comes from pottage, which once described viscous, slow-cooked, typically savory food sludge, but now basically means any kind of cooked breakfast cereal.

I'm a little worried about what stew and chili will mean some day. Especially considering some Americans put cinnamon, cocoa and sugar in their chilis.

^^vv<><>BASTART
    I'm eating fried chicken and burgers from the local southern fried chicken and burger joint, and your European fat jokes will not stop me.

I can't help but feel that the legend of The Most Polite Massassian Era of FGR has seen an underground Massassi Discord revival or something.

^^vv<><>BASTART
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikumubeki View Post
    I can't help but feel that the legend of The Most Polite Massassian Era of FGR has seen an underground Massassi Discord revival or something.
    Massassi discord is where we ****post about octonions and people who ****post about octonions.

On #massassi, I've taken to equating the Massassi Discord with pre-2017 #massassi (mainly the Holonet version) and these forums.

So in practice, if Kroko tries to get me to talk about some non-Nikumuboring topic, I'll say something like "what's this, the Massassi Discord?" or "Sure got https://forums.massassi.net/vb3/newr...p?do=postreply in here" or "/server irc.holonet.org /join #massassi" and get back to talking about hangnails or itchy lower eyelids or something.

Admiral of Awesome
    If you join the unofficial massassi discord you can help with jkgfxmod technical support.

link pls

I think it's weird how much more common English muffins are in North America compared to the UK.

I genuinely had no idea what they were until I was in my mid twenties.

that's weird especially considering how ur english

Quote Originally Posted by saberopus View Post
    link pls
    traitor!

what. to what. where am i supposed to be I really don't know how these "chats" work.

You know, I still haven't forgiven GBK for getting married and betraying the #massassi Triumvirate

Quote Originally Posted by saberopus View Post
    that's weird especially considering how ur english
    sab pls don't ruin this relationship

>:)

So tonight I'm at my parents house and I'm going to make carbonara with fresh handmade pasta. Except I make the pasta with a 3d printed drill bit that runs the pasta machine because im lazy. Anyone else like to make pasta? All purpose this time but I like whole wheat noodles.
    sniff

Iím cooking pasta tonight too you guys are invited

Admiral of Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    So tonight I'm at my parents house and I'm going to make carbonara with fresh handmade pasta. Except I make the pasta with a 3d printed drill bit that runs the pasta machine because im lazy. Anyone else like to make pasta? All purpose this time but I like whole wheat noodles.
    I donít like the whole wheat flavour in pasta, but I do make fresh pasta, but I donít have a pasta laminator so I have to roll it and cut it by hand.

I too prefer AP pasta but noodles are easier to get down than whole wheat berries to fuel my rowing and other habits. TBH the machine doesn't produce drastically better results if you've got any amount of practice at it which it sounds like you do. Do you do noodles or sheets or cut it into crazy bits?
    sniff

Admiral of Awesome
    Usually something between fettuccini and pappardelle depending on how lazy I am, but Iíve also made more extra stuff like fusilli, farfalle, and cavatalli and have literally always regretted it about a quarter of the way through.

I intend to get an attachment for my stand mixer at some point, so I will probably make pasta more often after that.

I've considered getting an attachment for my stand mixer too, but I'd prefer one of the extruders with the brass dies rather than the roller type.

Kenwood were actually doing an offer where you could claim a free attachment if you bought a mixer within a timeframe a while ago, but I found a still sealed mixer for sale on ebay for less than the cost of one from a shop less the attachment price so eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon`C View Post
    Usually something between fettuccini and pappardelle depending on how lazy I am, but Iíve also made more extra stuff like fusilli, farfalle, and cavatalli and have literally always regretted it about a quarter of the way through.

I intend to get an attachment for my stand mixer at some point, so I will probably make pasta more often after that.
    I need to find a stand mixer. Recently scored a gasketless pressure canner and one of the nice old food processors.
    sniff

Time to get back to ye old tricks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eggwich.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	28551

^^vv<><>BASTART
    That looks very American and very tasty.

looks better with shiny roll though
    sniff

^^vv<><>BASTART
    IDK, the unglazed version looks appealing to me right now. Reminds me of English muffins. I haven't had an English muffin in forever.