Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → Flickering Level, Badly Flickering Level, All convex
Flickering Level, Badly Flickering Level, All convex
2000-09-04, 6:55 PM #1
Well, I wanted to make a field of crosses, like on Metallica's Master Of Puppets CD cover. I have cleaved one cross, and copied it a couple of times, then adjoined everything, but when I play the level everything flickers, you can hardly see anything.

------------------
Master Of Puppets
I'm pulling your strings
twisting your mind
and smashing your dreams...
2000-09-04, 9:38 PM #2
It's called HOM, as in Hall Of Mirrors.
Caused by too many surfaces and adjoins being visible at the same time.

Re-create your field, but make a cross-3do, which you can add as many times into your level, without really damaging the framerate.

Check the tutorials-section on how to make 3dos, if you din't know how.
2000-09-05, 12:56 PM #3
That many adjoins in view at one time, even if you didn't get hom, would give you terrible framerate. If you want to do something like that use 3dos.

------------------
For the love of God, use the consistency checker!

Have Lightsaber Will Travel
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
2000-09-07, 5:07 AM #4
Thx, and so I have done - a cross 3do - but when I put it on ANY level - it freezes the game. Template done with Q&DTC in JED.

------------------
Master Of Puppets
I'm pulling your strings
twisting your mind
and smashing your dreams...
2000-09-07, 8:05 AM #5
You must of made a mistake in the template. You have to name your template, then use a parent template that is most like your object. Then, select your 3do with the 3do button, then save your template. Insert your objects wherever and don't forget to reload the templates if you leave your old ones in their. AND METALLICA ROCKS!

------------------
Everyone's favorite moderator at Jkarchives.net
Leader of the Paladins of Virtue TC
Proud Owner of Dragon Studios™

↑ Up to the top!