Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → TPMTC - Episode 1: The Phantom Menace Total Conversion
TPMTC - Episode 1: The Phantom Menace Total Conversion
2010-11-20, 9:32 AM #1
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I have posted here... probably over ten years now. Back in the day this is where I used to come to socialize, learn the tools, learn how to edit and ultimately got into game development.

Back in the day I was a developer on the Mysteries of the Sith Total Conversion, "TPMTC" (Epsiode 1: The Phantom Menace TC) and have recently stumbled on some old files when updating my resume / updating my blog, including what I remember as install / mod files.

[http://www.orion-project.net/media/10years/04.png]

I would like to go through these and clean them up when I get some extra time and even possibly release it to the community so it never went to waste. I had some of my best memories playing this while it was in development and I think it's been long enough now where that experience can be shared without anyone really getting too mad over it.

The problem is.. it has been ten years since I've even modified this game engine and was hoping to have someone still present walk me through on how I can go about installing mods and work with me through it?

Feel free to simply reply here or even add me on skype (david.prasssel).

You can read more about my history here:
http://spiralgamestudios.com/post/1010255835/orion-ten-years-young
(for credibility)
2010-11-20, 11:49 PM #2
Whoa!

I think releasing whatever you have for this project would be most appreciated. I know I'd check it out.

What remains of the active JK editing community is located at JKHub (or alternatively #jkhub at irc.synirc.net), as far as editors are concerned you should start with ZED.

Good luck!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2010-11-21, 8:57 AM #3
Hey man,

Thanks for the heads up - I appreciate that.

I'll copy and paste this over there as well ;)
2010-11-26, 7:39 AM #4
It certainly seems that the way to go with these old projects is to just release everything you have at this point. I'm sure there are a few people who would love to pick through this stuff. :)
2010-12-07, 4:20 AM #5
I know I would!
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2018-08-07, 9:40 AM #6
Of all things, I just realized that we never got these files. Darn the luck... darn!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!