Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Finding Lost Massassian: Red_XIIII
Finding Lost Massassian: Red_XIIII
2011-03-13, 9:19 PM #1
If anyone could shed any light on his whereabouts I'd greatly appreciate it. We used to be really great friends back during the MSN Gaming Zone era. He was the author of a dozen or so JK and MOTS levels/addons.

I found his Xfire profile, but it seems he no longer uses it. The only e-mail address I have for him is an ancient one which I believe he no longer uses. The chances of anyone being able to help with this are probably slim to none, as he was never a forums regular. However, I figure this would be the best place to try.

[7-Year Later Edit]
Scroll down to the bottom for necropost!
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2011-03-14, 2:00 AM #2
do you know his real name? If so facebook is probably your best bet.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2011-03-14, 2:51 AM #3
Do you mean Red_XIII?

(I remember playing a WaR_Red_XIII once on oasis)
2011-03-14, 7:29 AM #4
I miss SMOCK! *sniff*

No clue about Red_XIII, though. Oh well.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-03-14, 7:56 AM #5
I get sad when I realize that at least one of the people I used to play with at the zone has probably passed away. The same is probably true for random old massassians, too. Makes me wonder if we've ever just not noticed someone stop posting.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2011-03-14, 8:10 AM #6
Maybe everyone who have stopped posting actually have died. I mean, why else would they have stopping coming to this wonderful website?

We are the last survivors.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2011-03-14, 8:11 AM #7
I do wonder if THRAWN stopped posting because he eventually strangled his mother, though.
2011-03-14, 8:17 AM #8
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I get sad when I realize that at least one of the people I used to play with at the zone has probably passed away. The same is probably true for random old massassians, too. Makes me wonder if we've ever just not noticed someone stop posting.

For someone full of 2-bit catchphrases and poop jokes, that was a really sad thought. :(

Time for a Massassi Funeral for fallen comrades.
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2011-03-14, 8:21 AM #9
Catchphrases and poop jokes? What?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2011-03-14, 8:32 AM #10
I was totally kidding. I suppose I should have expressed that point more thoroughly.

Haha For a second, you were totally indigent.

YOU: "I don't tell poop jokes!"

ME: "HAHAHAHA, Ok, now a moment of silence for the deceased members of Massassi. Oh and by the way, Red_XIIII is dead."
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2011-03-14, 8:39 AM #11
I wasn't even offended, I was just confused. I even looked at my recent posts to see if I was becoming a chatbot.

And yeah, anything I can't see is dead to me.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2011-03-14, 1:31 PM #12
Even the people that still post are dead. The only way to not be dead on Massassi is to actually still play JK.

:XD:
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2011-03-14, 3:30 PM #13
Originally posted by Petmc.:
Even the people that still post are dead.

'm sure I son't know what you mean >_>
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2011-03-15, 2:41 AM #14
I remember in ~2002 someone started a thread saying they were fat, gay, failing high school and thinking of killing themselves. Most people responded with some degree of sympathy, but I remember ChaosLord and Darko stating they patently disbelieved it (this was years before trolling forums for lulz was last year x4, so for an average massassi age of 16, the thread content wasn't immediately discounted).

I've tried to dredge up that thread a couple of times, but the forum search doesn't want to oblige.
2011-03-15, 7:54 AM #15
There are no saved threads before December 2003 on the Discussion Forum.
2011-03-15, 8:23 AM #16
Oh. Lost in a forum migration?
2011-03-15, 9:02 AM #17
Originally posted by GHORG:
Oh. Lost in a forum migration?

No, they were pruned. For a while, old threads were pruned every so often, because the old forum software stopped working properly once the number of threads reached a certain threshold...
2011-03-15, 9:09 AM #18
...whereas my first post is still intact DAMN IT I NEARLY AVOIDED MENTIONING IT THIS TIME [http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/fgrsad.png]
2011-03-15, 9:10 AM #19
FASTG 200X-2011 SELF-REFERENTIAL AWARD.
2011-03-15, 10:51 AM #20
There is an account under the name Red_XIIII, there is no account under Red_XIII. The RED_XIIII account only ever made 8 posts, though.

Dark___Knight, he hasn't logged in years... since before the last forum migration at least. Is the email address you have for him the ligtel.com one?
2011-03-15, 11:25 AM #21
and the dark forces TC lives on
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2011-03-15, 3:47 PM #22
Originally posted by DSettahr:
There is an account under the name Red_XIIII, there is no account under Red_XIII. The RED_XIIII account only ever made 8 posts, though.

Dark___Knight, he hasn't logged in years... since before the last forum migration at least. Is the email address you have for him the ligtel.com one?

Yeah it's Red_XIIII (Red 14). As I said, he was never an avid forum member, just created levels and such. As for the e-mail, the ligtel.com was the account I had, though that e-mail is no longer active. However, with much additional research, I believe I may have found him! I am awaiting confirmation, but I'm pretty sure it's him.

I guess this thread can be turned into a "Where did _________ go?" thread.
Author of the JK levels:

2011-03-16, 8:50 PM #23
Where did all the cowboys go?
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2018-02-28, 3:56 PM #24
Hey all,

Going to break old forum etiquette and necro post on one of my previous threads, just on the hope that someone new might be lurking around with helpful information. Steven's "why do you still post here" thread got me thinking, and as I mentioned in the other thread, the nostalgia factor is huge for me. That being said, the old friendships that I made with members of the community and MSN Gaming Zone were a huge part of that.

It's been about 15 years since I last had contact with him, and I cannot remember his name (it's possible we never even really shared our real names with each other as we were just kids at the time). I know this is a bit ridiculous, but we spent hundreds of hours gaming together.*I have two e-mails for him, one was tails@ligtel.com and the other was greywolf@ligtel.com. He also had an old geocities type site at http://come.to/ywing. His username interchanged between Red_XIIII and Red_XIII (sometimes without underscores) and when the lucasforums were still active, I found out that he lived in Indiana near Fort Wayne, which lines up with the ligtel email addresses. I've done extensive searching around all of this information, but came up empty-handed every time.

I feel like from an outside perspective, this seems like stalkerish behavior, but I'm certain he'd enjoy catching up just as much as I would. I think the only reason we stopped communicating was because the MSN Gaming Zone shut down and both of our previous email addresses (and ICQs) became inactive sometime in the mid 2000's.

So, if anyone has any way of assisting in my hunt for a lost Massassian - author of numerous MotS levels and close friend from the MSN Gaming Zone, I would greatly appreciate it.
Author of the JK levels:

2018-02-28, 4:21 PM #25
I don't know him or have any way to find him, but I like the idea and I wish you good luck.

While this thread is up, can anyone help me track down "echo man"? He was a forum user / poester on here a while back. he had a real bad attitude, a real badass type guy. wondering if anybody knows if he can be found so I can really lay into him and tell him all the stuff I was too scared to say before. iirc he was a lapsed architect who embraced the dark side of ~ cIvIl EnGiNeErInG ~
2018-02-28, 5:15 PM #26
I think this is probably the strangest thing about these sort of online "relationships." We can make friends with people over the course of weeks, months, and years, learn a lot about them, then completely lose touch without a word. I'll occasionally wonder what happened to some random person I used to play on the Zone or talk to in #massassi.
2018-02-28, 5:17 PM #27
As far as your friend Red _XIII, I have no leads, though his alternate email is greywolf, perhaps later he went by the name LT_Greywolf? I seem to recall that name being a regular poster in the early-mid 2000s.
2018-03-04, 12:07 PM #28
I found a few posts or references to the alias you're referencing, but it doesn't appear that's him. That being said, I did find an old journal I used to draw video game sketches in and stuff from my childhood, and found something talking about "Steve aka Red_XIIII", so I now remember his first name. Unfortunately that hasn't led me to find any new leads, but I'm hoping at some point something might turn up.
Author of the JK levels:

2018-03-05, 4:13 AM #29
Long shot, but if he's the author of some MotS levels, any info in the .txt files that come with the submitted levels?
2018-03-05, 7:23 AM #30
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Long shot, but if he's the author of some MotS levels, any info in the .txt files that come with the submitted levels?

Yeah, you're right in thinking that. I did the same, and the only details I were able to pluck out are what's posted in this thread. I appreciate the thought though.
Author of the JK levels:

2018-03-11, 2:24 PM #31
What about the Red 13 here?

http://www.jediknight.net/jkmag/credits.html

There is a yahoo email that was not listed above.
2018-03-12, 8:05 AM #32
That's a good lead. Not sure if that's him or not (Red XIII is a character from Final Fantasy 7, which came out around the same time as Jedi Knight, so it's not impossible it could be someone entirely different). That being said, I tried e-mailing that person and got a bounceback. Searching the web for that e-mail only takes me to that same page you found as well. Appreciate the continued effort!
Author of the JK levels:

↑ Up to the top!