Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → Text Adventure Game: Part Deux
Text Adventure Game: Part Deux
2011-11-21, 11:12 AM #1
You are now at the entrance to a refugee camp, judging by the old style (Red Ensign) Canadian flag you see hanging, it's probably part of the same rebel group the men you met back at the town were. You were forced to dump your pack, and everything except for a carbine slung across your pack and the newer handgun you picked up, in order to run here. The only other thing in your possession is an Intel briefcase.

The camp is surrounded by a tall barbed wire fence, directly in front of you is an open gate. Through the gate you can see what looks like a large pre-fab structure surrounded by holes in the ground. It looks like this was once a construction site. In the holes are dozens of tents. You didn't notice them at first, but you can see hidden anti aircraft weapons poking out of holes in the ground.

Notes:
I am doing away with the "Video game conventions" I.E saving, capitalizing important items, etc. This "Part" will be longer then the last one, and establish much of the world. I have also as of yet not come up with a fair way to do combat and other such times that would require some sort of quick reflexes, so I'm going to rely mostly on exploration and dialogue being the game itself.
2011-11-21, 11:39 AM #2
You know what this thread sounds like? An interactive story. Moved.
2011-11-21, 6:25 PM #3
You know how many threads there are in the discussion forum with a 2-day view? 8.
2011-11-21, 6:37 PM #4
walk cautiously into the camp and look around for any inhabitants
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-11-21, 10:14 PM #5
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
You know what this thread sounds like? An interactive story. Moved.

I really don't see the problem, hell you could bring the enter ISB into the discussion forum and not much would change.

You walk into the camp, and hear what sounds like a door opening up directly behind you. You then hear a click.
"Guns down, Kick that suitcase over to your left. Do not turn around. State your name and purpose here.
2011-11-23, 12:48 AM #6
Operation "Move moderately popular thread to a dead forum" has been a rousing success.
2011-11-23, 12:53 AM #7
I take a quick mental check of my current inventory.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2011-11-23, 1:10 AM #8
A carbine on your back, a handgun, and the intel.

(Thanks, but I'm still moderately mad at CM for this)
2011-11-23, 7:02 AM #9
Originally posted by Tibby:
Operation "Move moderately popular thread to a dead forum" has been a rousing success.

Pretty much...
幻術
2011-11-23, 10:09 AM #10
(Thanks, but I'm still moderately mad at CM for this)

(You should neither be thanking me nor mad at CM. I posted and linked this in my signature only for selfish reasons - I wish to promote any activity on the ISB. You shouldn't be mad at CM because he is right - this "game" no longer resembles a game by your own words. Not posting an interactive story on the ISB because "the board is dead" is circular and self-fulfilling. If you had a COG question, you'd post it on the COG forum. If you had something to showcase, you'd post it in the Showcase forum. This is no different. If you want your thread to be active, PM the people who were in your previous thread to post again.)
2011-11-23, 12:44 PM #11
If I had my way the entire ISB would just be rolled into the discussion forum, why in gods name do we segment forums with a <50 regular person count.
2011-11-23, 2:37 PM #12
Drop suitcase and slowly scoot it a little to the left. Tell "them" your name and a brief explanation of what happened... Leaving out the part where everyone else is probably dead.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-11-24, 11:06 AM #13
SAVE. PAUSE.
RESTORE COMMAND PROMPT.
MOVE GAME FILES DIR TO /forums.massassi.net/vb3/forumdisplay.php?8-Discussion-Forum/
START.

ASK the same PERSON to take them to their LEADER.
幻術
2011-11-25, 5:01 PM #14
If I had my way the entire ISB would just be rolled into the discussion forum, why in gods name do we segment forums with a <50 regular person count.

And what's the best way to make a very slow forum active again? Move a moderately successful thread to it! Especially one that basically defines the forum's purpose. Now push on and make it work, stop being mopey.
2011-11-28, 11:44 AM #15
Actually, the only reason I haven't advocated CM to consolidate the ISB (and pretty much the rest of the forums for that matter) into the Discussion Forum is because there's a number of old ISB threads that could get pruned, and the NeS would become more difficult to find when it dropped from the active threads list (which it would, since the Discussion Forum is set to 2 days by default). However, those issues could be made moot if a) we made an "archives" forum (though this may be moot anyway if the forums don't get pruned anymore) and b) convert the "index" thread to be more inclusive to other popular threads that don't always stay active.

Unless CM agrees with me, though, his previous point above stands.
2012-02-01, 8:26 PM #16
Surprise! I'm gonna update this tomorrow.
2012-02-05, 2:20 AM #17
Or I was going to, but nobody posted so welp.
Maybe I should just use this as some sort of train of thought dumping ground. Hell I could store passwords here it's not like anybody will ever see them.
2012-02-05, 2:21 AM #18
Windows Password: Trustno1
Server RDP: Trustno2
Locker Combination: 30-20-30
Work till number- 519 1355
2012-02-05, 2:21 AM #19
Safer then Keepass
2012-02-05, 4:11 AM #20
Reply with quote.

Originally posted by Koobie:
SAVE. PAUSE.
RESTORE COMMAND PROMPT.
MOVE GAME FILES DIR TO /forums.massassi.net/vb3/forumdisplay.php?8-Discussion-Forum/
START.

ASK the same PERSON to take them to their LEADER.
幻術
2012-02-27, 10:23 AM #21
EXIT GAME.
幻術

↑ Up to the top!