Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → jkl export / import plug ins or software
jkl export / import plug ins or software
2012-01-12, 7:22 AM #1
Hey to every one thats still around :) been a long time but still love my JK so as i sad its been awhile is there a good app or plug in to export a jkl i used jed to export to 3do then inport to milkshape but win i do i cant import big maps and win i do import a map it adds lines to the flat surface of it, so 1 i seem to remember there was a way to clean the lines up but for the life of me i cant remember. 2 how can i get biger jkl's out of .jkl format / any .jkl to some other kinda format with all its surfaces staying surface :) wish we have a export jkl plugin for blender or some thing, also and good batch convert for mat/mat16 to bmp? thanks for your help and good to be hanging around massassi again
Dbug454 Of tHE JK.....
2012-01-12, 10:44 AM #2
What do you mean by an extra line?

Someone with 3D application backend experience, help me here...
If it's a diagonal line through a surface then that is supposed to be there. Most 3D applications want to receive 3D surface data as triangles and not quadrangles. If face, IIRC, when you ran JK in wireframe mode it would convert all surfaces to triangles.

For batch converting .mat/.bmp files, I think JKPaint would do that quite nicely. You should be able to grab that and other tools at www.jkhub.net
2012-01-12, 12:17 PM #3
thanks for the reply and a its the diagonal lines i was talking about getting reed of, And is there batch convert in JKPaint? i cant find it i know it has save all bitmap but its grayed out :( win i have more then one mat open i may be a dum dum and missing it? :)
Dbug454 Of tHE JK.....
2012-01-12, 12:21 PM #4
ah u cant batch convert mat 16 hmm? :( sucks
Dbug454 Of tHE JK.....
2012-01-12, 12:32 PM #5
hay BoBo_Fett u still out there? u want do be awesome!!! well u are already awesome but awesomerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr errrr err!!!? do u have a way to batch covert mat 16? buddy!! :) old pal for one of your old beta testers!! :) that u don't remember probably haha
Dbug454 Of tHE JK.....
2012-01-12, 6:26 PM #6
is the any thing that can import a 3do?
Dbug454 Of tHE JK.....
2012-01-12, 6:38 PM #7
cant find Jed Plugin obj export anyone have this file?
Dbug454 Of tHE JK.....
2012-01-16, 1:29 PM #8
I don't remember an obj plugin. I do remember "3DO Converter" which would convert .3do files to .obj, .asc, or .dxf file formats.
2012-02-02, 3:05 AM #9
Originally posted by Dbug454:
hay BoBo_Fett u still out there? u want do be awesome!!! well u are already awesome but awesomerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr errrr err!!!? do u have a way to batch covert mat 16? buddy!! :) old pal for one of your old beta testers!! :) that u don't remember probably haha
Mat16 does do batch conversion. Look on the file menu. Maybe you have an old version? The newest one I found is 1.3.1. Want to beta test it? http://zelectra.com/jk/Mat16_131.zip
JediDreams
2012-02-04, 3:05 PM #10
hay dude sweet! ya i have a old version. the one u have a link to says err msg (not a gob 2.0 file.) and win i try to do batch conversion (mat to bmp) its says not a valid mat file! now im trying to do mat16 --> bmp. the zip just has a exe may be it needs some other files? the mat 16 i had was 1.1 haha
Dbug454 Of tHE JK.....

↑ Up to the top!