Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → PedHead's Departure
PedHead's Departure
2012-05-20, 9:50 PM #1
PedHead's decided to remove all association with Massassi, including posts, contest donation and JHS. I've removed them as requested.

Reasoning appears to be because he thinks he was called a racist, and due to a severe persecution complex, refused to accept this as a joke by literally everyone. Since I refused to ban for this in IRC, he doesn't want anything to do with the community. I'm sure many of you will be disappointed by this, but apparently PedHead didn't think much of the community anyway. That's all there is to this story. Keep it civil, I will be heavy with the ban trigger.

(And yes, I see the irony in someone so vested in maintaining Massassi history wanting to delete part of it.)
2012-05-20, 9:57 PM #2
Quite a shame, considering the circumstances. Oh well.

KWP @ JHS anyone?
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-05-20, 10:11 PM #3
You know, I think it's fairly easy to tell when I'm being serious. There aren't that many things I get serious about, either, but when I specifically tell someone multiple times that I'm just joking, yet they insist that I am being serious for some bizarre reason, it's really hard for me to feel bad about making fun of them. I hope that poor guy gets some help.
>>untie shoes
2012-05-20, 10:16 PM #4
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-05-20, 10:39 PM #5
>>untie shoes
2012-05-20, 10:49 PM #6
Did it delete every thread he posted in? Why is the showcase thread gone?
2012-05-20, 10:49 PM #7
I have an idea, let's call someone out who over reacted so that they're never capable of saving face and have their potentially temporary feelings validated so that they never return. I'll bet that's going to be effective.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2012-05-20, 10:51 PM #8
E:

Originally posted by JediKirby:
I have an idea, let's call someone out who over reacted so that they're never capable of saving face and have their potentially temporary feelings validated so that they never return. I'll bet that's going to be effective.

I don't think this is a callout thread. Sounds more like CM saying "x user has left and wants all their **** deleted forever and will not listen to reason so this is why **** will probably be broken/missing"

If CM hadn't beaten me to making this thread, it would be a callout thread. But since I do not feel like being banned and took an hour to format the post, I'll stick to crude photoshops.

If you're interested in reading the logs, pm me.
2012-05-21, 12:12 AM #9
Don't worry, I have JHS around here somewhere and I'll upload it if needed.
E: Oh, I only archived single player levels. Well can someone upload it?
2012-05-21, 12:14 AM #10
e: To be fair, I don't even know what a call-out thread is, but I'd expect it to work better if the guy hadn't said specifically that he was done and good bye.
2012-05-21, 2:52 AM #11
No this is a call-out thread... Ehh I'm off as well. Been a fun 10 years ppl. Keep the $ I donated.
2012-05-21, 3:08 AM #12
*sigh*
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-05-21, 4:04 AM #13
Wow. I don't know any of the details but I hoped that given the average age of massassians these days we'd be well past this kind of teenage drama. Oh well. It's his loss I guess.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2012-05-21, 4:53 AM #14
You could have just told him 'no'.
2012-05-21, 5:44 AM #15
Originally posted by Emon:
Did it delete every thread he posted in? Why is the showcase thread gone?

I was under the impression only threads he made would be deleted. But this is VB so who knows?

Originally posted by GHORG:
No this is a call-out thread... Ehh I'm off as well. Been a fun 10 years ppl. Keep the $ I donated.

This is about as far from a callout thread as could possibly be created. He's not coming back, because even if he wanted to, I wouldn't let him. Once you force me to go the nuclear option (and I spent a good half hour trying to convince him not to), you're gone for good.

If you still want to leave, leave, but understand this is nothing more than to state that he left due to very strange reasons. Otherwise people would get curious and start coming up with their own drama.

Originally posted by JediKirby:

I don't care if he's feeling this temporarily or not. He's been an ******* to all of Massassi ever since he came back. I was nice about it and left it alone. And then he comes up with this mess which I won't even go into. I spend a half-hour trying to convince him not to leave, for his sake and the sake of the stuff he's done. He insisted. There's a lot more to this story, but I'm being polite. I have a lot more anger over this, but I'm being polite. But be sure about one thing if nothing else: he isn't coming back.

(If you can't tell, I'm pretty damn offended by Kirby and GHORG's response to this)
2012-05-21, 6:19 AM #16
This is a bummer.
2012-05-21, 6:51 AM #17
He's the one that started the showcase thread. That's why it's gone.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2012-05-21, 7:44 AM #18
I wish Massassi was an editing community instead of a place for idiots to post stupid bull****. I was hoping that the new contest combined with CM's revamp of the site meant that we were heading in that direction. I guess not.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-05-21, 7:54 AM #19
Racism? I need to hang out in the chat more often! Were there any N-bombs dropped? Enquiring minds want to know!
? :)
2012-05-21, 9:32 AM #20
Originally posted by Mentat:
Racism? I need to hang out in the chat more often! Were there any N-bombs dropped? Enquiring minds want to know!

only when stat is around
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-05-21, 9:49 AM #21
Originally posted by Tracer:
I wish Massassi was an editing community instead of a place for idiots to post stupid bull****. I was hoping that the new contest combined with CM's revamp of the site meant that we were heading in that direction. I guess not.

Erm to fair this wasn't really ordinary... you should have seen the chat logs...
2012-05-21, 10:11 AM #22
Well, I was actually going to post last night that while I said "callout thread," I was talking more about the meme posts. Your post seemed particularly tempered, like you were holding something back. Sorry to have pissed you off and potentially encouraged GHORG to rage quit for some odd reason.

I didn't post because I sort of wanted to avoid involving myself in the drama beyond shying people away from discouraging PedHead to save face and return once he'd cooled off, but I wasn't trying to aggravate you so I wanted to clarify and apologize.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2012-05-21, 11:17 AM #23
THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!!!!

But I blame CoolMatty. For everything.
"Staring into the wall does NOT count as benchmarking."

-Emon
2012-05-21, 11:50 AM #24
I give you credit CM, I wouldn't have taken the time out of my day to do someone a favor and remove them from the existence of a website forum and database. I know just a couple of clicks in the admin panel but still.. I mean if someone goes out of their way to publicly post stuff on the internet, then asked me to remove it all I'd say, f- off or pay me.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2012-05-21, 12:15 PM #25
Its a shame when things end up this way, and its a damned shame when the play out like 15 years old high school drama.

Good on you for holding enough of your cool not to involve everyone in the disaster, CM. You deserve more credit than what you usually get from this bone head conglomeration.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2012-05-21, 2:37 PM #26
... Who's pedhead?

-At first I thought we were talking about some alternate name for Sarn, but that's not the case, so...
2012-05-21, 3:48 PM #27
Originally posted by Jarl:
... Who's pedhead?

-At first I thought we were talking about some alternate name for Sarn, but that's not the case, so...

The guy who made Jedi High School (JHS). That's basically his claim to fame if anything. He disappeared for about 10 years and came back (and pretty much complained about how Massassi isn't like Massassi was 10 years ago).
2012-05-21, 4:24 PM #28
A valid complaint.
2012-05-21, 4:24 PM #29
Originally posted by Tibby:
Don't worry, I have JHS around here somewhere and I'll upload it if needed.
E: Oh, I only archived single player levels. Well can someone upload it?

Why would anyone want JHS?
2012-05-21, 4:25 PM #30
A valid complaint.

Don't even get me started. You won't survive the result.
2012-05-21, 4:30 PM #31
Can someone PM me the chat logs? Will love you temporarily. Thanks in advance.
2012-05-21, 4:30 PM #32
I was here ten years ago, I think.
Or was it around 2005? I lurked at least.
2012-05-21, 4:32 PM #33
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
Don't even get me started. You won't survive the result.

HAHAHA a valid threat

redwine has just been cracked open after this lovely sheppards pie I just made, begin my entertainment
2012-05-21, 5:19 PM #34
Originally posted by Couchman:
HAHAHA a valid threat

redwine has just been cracked open after this lovely sheppards pie I just made, begin my entertainment

The "hey guys I am drinking" posts are getting laborious at this point. We get it, you just discovered alcohol and your lack of experiences in the past are causing you to overindulge. There is no award for this feat. Weren't we banning people for this crap? Anybody?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2012-05-21, 6:59 PM #35
So how many users have rage-quit now? I don't mean MechWarrior tantrums, but the ones that did it proper. Friend14 left after the scientific revolution and Spider Al defected after I played Hitler with his family. Those are the only instances I can remember right now. I'm certain there's more.
2012-05-21, 7:29 PM #36
A valid complaint.

You are part of the problem.
2012-05-21, 7:30 PM #37
Massassians are weird...
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2012-05-21, 9:03 PM #38
Yikes guys.
2012-05-21, 9:19 PM #39
Chat logs anyone?
2012-05-21, 9:59 PM #40
Whoa there's still a massassi?
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."

↑ Up to the top!