Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsJedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith Editing Forum → I don't know if anyone is still here...
I don't know if anyone is still here...
2012-06-07, 5:55 PM #1
But I need helping getting JKEdit and or ZED to work with my Steam version of Jedi Knight. Anyone know what to do? Thanks. My Steam ID is Retarded Sushi
2012-06-08, 10:26 PM #2
ZED should work fine for your Steam version of Jedi Knight. In the preferences or options (idk what its called.. I'm a JKEdit user) change the executable path and resource path to point to the steam folder where the game is saved. Now if you prefer JKEdit, then it is a bit more difficult. JKEdit uses the windows registry to look for Jedi Knight's path, and although I've always been told that JK makes its registry entries when the game runs for the first time, this is not entirely true.. well at least not the ones you need (it does make some entries). So.. you have to make them yourself.. and here is how. Go to start and then in the search type regedit and hit enter. In the registry editor open the following directories:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> LucasArts Entertainment Company -> Jedi Knight -> v1.0
(or it might be 1.0 not v1.0 as I have both versions of the game installed and I dont know which is which)

I'm not sure which one JkEdit checks for so you will have to add all of these entries:

Analyze Path REG_SZ c:\path to jedi knight folder goes here\Install\SysCheck.exe
CD Path REG_SZ c:\path to jedi knight folder goes here
executable REG_SZ c:\path to jedi knight folder goes here\Jk.exe
Install Path REG_SZ c:\path to jedi knight folder goes here
Source Dir REG_SZ c:\path to jedi knight folder goes here\
Source Path REG_SZ c:\path to jedi knight folder goes here

and for example my path to Jedi Knight is "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\star wars jedi knight\"

And that should do it. I've done this on both my computer and my friends and it worked both times so it should work. Hope this helps!

↑ Up to the top!