Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dirty Laundry - (Punisher Comic Con short)
Dirty Laundry - (Punisher Comic Con short)
2012-07-16, 5:26 PM #1
Thought about leaving the title without any hint, but then who would want to see dirty laundry... (btw completely NSFW)

Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc

Was shown at comic con over the weekend, thought I'd share as it's kinda awesome sauce.

Can't say any of the punisher movies was ever that great, but the 2004 one was by far the best of the bunch and I'd be up for seeing another if Thomas Jane was the lead again, he makes a good Punisher.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2012-07-16, 7:48 PM #2
I love it.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-07-16, 8:17 PM #3
I watched this earlier today. It's awesome.
>>untie shoes
2012-07-16, 8:45 PM #4
How many times are they going to make Punisher into a movie? Geez.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2012-07-16, 9:21 PM #5
I'm not even sure which one is my favorite, they are all massively cheezy in different respects. It seriously might be the 1989 Dolph Lundgrid version.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-07-16, 10:52 PM #6
holy poop. that was pretty awesome! if they made a full length that had that same feel to it, i would go see it.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-07-17, 7:51 AM #7
I don't usually grimace at violence in entertainment anymore, but this was pretty bad what with the bones sticking out and all that. o_O

I'm not familiar with Punisher, although from what I do know of it, it's probably never too light with the violence...
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2012-07-17, 8:15 AM #8
Yeah, it's usually pretty brutally violent. The only movie that got the level of violence right was Punisher: War Zone. I really think it was about as close as anyone has come, visually, to getting it right. The Thomas Jane version was pretty good, too, honestly. Ray Stevenson just looks more the part, though. And War Zone got the body armor and such a lot better. I'm kind of torn between which version I like more, because they each did certain things very well, and certain things very poorly.

As far as being a good movie is concerned, I think that the Thomas Jane version is actually better. War Zone, on the other hand, is pretty much a spiritual sequel to Commando. And for that, I think I prefer it.

EDIT: And, I'm sorry to say this, because I love Dolph Lundgren as much as the next guy, but his Punisher movie is awful. Pretty much nothing about it is good at all. Other than the fact that it has a ridiculous body count of like 230 or so.
>>untie shoes
2012-07-17, 10:28 AM #9
That was pretty good. None of it really bothered me though until the random spurt of blood out of the guy's leg when he was lying on the floor. Eugh.
2012-07-20, 5:15 PM #10
The biggest issue I have is that The Punisher wouldn't have waited that long to take action. Not sure what to think of the violence as it seems more over-the-top than the Thomas Jane version. I'll be curious to see what Marvel will do since they do have the license now.
2012-07-21, 8:30 PM #11
I LOVE YOU RON PERLMAN

I want to ...touch that man's face. I want to feel it. I bet it feels like magic.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-07-21, 10:05 PM #12
Pretty good. It felt like that guy was made of porcelain by how easily he was punched to bits.
My blawgh.
2012-07-22, 7:48 PM #13
I would love to see a Punisher series (TV or Movies) based on Ennis' Punisher MAX run.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM

↑ Up to the top!