Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tribes: Ascend
Tribes: Ascend
2012-07-18, 2:32 AM #1
Has anyone else around here tried out the newest game in the Tribes series? I've been playing it for the last couple months, & it's the first FPS in years to hold my interest. It doesn't feel quite like T1 or T2, but it's still got the high-speed, teamwork-rewarding CTF play that I loved about the earlier ones (and Jedi Knight).

(I'm vornskr in game, if anyone wants to play some matches together--I play mostly on the NA East servers.)
2012-07-18, 6:24 AM #2
Originally posted by Vornskr:
Has anyone else around here tried out the newest game in the Tribes series?

I haven't played it yet but if it's half as good as it looks, it must be a blast. If I ever get around to building a new PC, I'll certainly give it a go.
? :)
2012-07-18, 10:04 AM #3
i've been meaning to start playing and even bought the starter pack when it was on sale to give me that "i need to play ti now" feeling... i'll probably play it some tomorrow
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-07-18, 1:56 PM #4
i got train simulator; i'm too busy for kid games
2012-07-18, 3:32 PM #5
Tried it. The ski button annoyed me. I don't remember T2 having that?

o.0
2012-07-18, 7:22 PM #6
It did. Jump. Hold down jump while you go down a slope.
DO NOT WANT.
2012-07-18, 8:38 PM #7
The way T:A handles skiing by default is a little bit different: there's a separate ski button (default spacebar, I think) that you hold while skiing downhill. But I'm pretty sure that you can remap your keys so that jump/ski are the same button. (You can also have jump/jet merged, or bind all three separately.) In my experience, it didn't take too long to get used to the new system. The most annoying thing for me was probably the relatively weak impulse you get from a disc jump, but they're supposed to be improving that in a patch next week, so we'll see.

Like you might expect from a Tribes title, the learning curve can be a bit forbidding, but once you get the hang of it it becomes a lot of fun.
2012-07-24, 7:33 PM #8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ObZU9LcH10
This will teach you everything you need to know about the game.
Also, It's a lot of fun.
Gotta go fast
2012-07-26, 4:43 AM #9
Originally posted by the_McDuncan:
Gotta go fast
Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5vt-_cm1Qs
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-07-26, 1:05 PM #10
lol... =/
2012-07-26, 1:10 PM #11
Could that music be anymore awful? Someone needs to teach them volume control.
2012-07-26, 1:44 PM #12
jedi knight, tribes 1, and rainbow six were the first games that pulled me into online gaming. man, i remember creeping out of my room at 1AM after pretending to go to bed, to go and play those games until 5-6AM while listening to the "Americana" album by The Offspring. Covered the 56K modem with a pillow so my parents wouldn't wake up while I was dialing. Those were the days...
2012-07-26, 3:16 PM #13
vBulletin is terrible.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-07-26, 3:31 PM #14
Originally posted by Emon:
vBulletin is terrible.

What did it do to you now?
2012-07-26, 4:23 PM #15
dammit
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!