Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → any one ever have xbox points taken?
any one ever have xbox points taken?
2012-07-19, 6:48 AM #1
So I just went to download dlc, all my points are gone.

Spent on stupid themes, when I was gone for last weekend. Not on my xbox either. Sooooo unless someone broke in my room, downloaded them , and deleted them. so I'm thinking someone went on my account and queued them.
Really stumped and confused. Anyone have this happen? Don't really have any reason anyone would want to get at me for any reason. And with my account password they could have done worse.
2012-07-19, 6:50 AM #2
Is there a way I can track where it was purchased from? I'm going to email customer support later and see if they can help, probably not though.
2012-07-19, 7:00 AM #3
I'd call actually, you'll get faster response.
2012-07-19, 7:40 AM #4
Wow I've never heard of anything like that, yeah get on the phone asap what are you waiting for?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2012-07-19, 7:58 AM #5
Last November I had my account hijacked by someone who spent £80 from my card (saved on my account for my Gold subscription) on MS points and bought a **** load of FIFA Ultimate Team packs on my account, then (presumably) traded them to his own. I got in touch with both my bank (who cancelled my card) and Microsoft, who suspended my account for just over a week while it was with their investigative team. The outcome was they refunded the full amount to my card, gave me a free month of Gold, and let me keep all the MS points the guy hadn't spent (which was about 5000 left on the account). They also offered to give me MS points to change my gamertag if the hijacker had altered it in any way.

So yeah, call them.
2012-07-19, 9:21 AM #6
It should also be noted while I don't think it's the case here, but something I learned recently. Points you are awarded for prizes, have an expiration date on them. Points you purchase do not and if you have a mix of points on your account, the awarded points are always spent first.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2012-07-19, 10:15 AM #7
I redeemed the points like 20 days ago.

Contacted them, its being looked into.

Even if I don't get the points back, I'd at the least just like to know wtf happened.

And I'm 4 months sober, so I definitely didn't drunk purchase them.
2012-07-19, 10:56 AM #8
I work on the Xbox Live services team that owns account and commercial services. Account fraud is a well understood issue and we're working on permanent fixes for it. For now, call customer support, they have account recovery tools that can get your account back to you. If they don't help you in a timely manner, keep calling them and ask for it to be escalated, and be very polite and patient. Customer service has to deal with douchebag college kids all day long so a nice demeanor will be a welcome change.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-07-19, 2:11 PM #9
When my account was hacked they used my credit card info to buy a ton of games (500$ worth) and spent the microsoft points I had.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2012-07-23, 5:09 PM #10
Issue has been resolved.

Forgot about it over the weekend, and came back to reactivate my account and saw the MS Points refunded.

I originally requested a call back, and was talking to a person in about 30 seconds. But I didn't get past the agents name before my call was dropped.
I waited maybe 10 minutes for a chatroom agent to open up, didn't really have to do much other than type out my xbox id and serial, with a few "yups".

Very good service. I was expecting it to be a nightmare. Left some positive feedback.
2012-07-23, 5:21 PM #11
Most people that complain about any customer service are the ones that had a bad experience. And of those, many are people who call up furious, demanding that how DARE they treat a paying customer with such an inconvenience!
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!