Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bored with Diablo? Stuck in a rut? Need a new adventure?
Bored with Diablo? Stuck in a rut? Need a new adventure?
2012-07-27, 10:18 PM #1
Then I have the perfect solution for you.

https://www.pathofexile.com/

Join thousands of satisfied players now! Explore dungeons! Kill monsters! Form groups in unique worlds filled with special magic items.
He said to them: "You examine the face of heaven and earth, but you have not come to know the one who is in your presence, and you do not know how to examine the present moment." - Gospel of Thomas
2012-07-27, 10:18 PM #2
And I do mean NOW. Jesus christ.
He said to them: "You examine the face of heaven and earth, but you have not come to know the one who is in your presence, and you do not know how to examine the present moment." - Gospel of Thomas
2012-07-27, 10:27 PM #3
one simple question: why should i care
2012-07-27, 10:37 PM #4
I'm on there. We should play.
>>untie shoes
2012-07-27, 10:41 PM #5
How is the world variety? I heard the art/levels were a little dull and repetitive.
2012-07-27, 10:42 PM #6
It's what Diablo 3 should have been.
>>untie shoes
2012-07-27, 10:49 PM #7
i bought into the beta a long time ago, i'll play with you guys when i have time
2012-07-27, 11:59 PM #8
What's wrong with diablo III? Getting new hardware soon and was planning on picking it up, but might hold off if it's really that crappy.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2012-07-28, 12:36 AM #9
Originally posted by Freelancer:
What's wrong with diablo III? Getting new hardware soon and was planning on picking it up, but might hold off if it's really that crappy.

right now it's not very good. most people consider the earlier difficulties to be too easy, and inferno to be very much too hard. like excessively hard. even the best players will get one shot constantly. most people consider it logistically impossible to advance unless you spend money on the real money auction house.

besides that, currently there is no late game. all you do end game is farm rare packs in inferno, and that is just about it. you grind more gear.

the story is considered generally lackluster as well. it's a flop by most standards. blizzard promises to fix alot of these problems in patches so we will see
2012-07-28, 2:28 AM #10
Its not even that there is no endgame beyond farming, its that even the farming itself is extremely tedious compared to farming in the previous diablo games, and that there is literally no weighting to the RNG for item generation, so while the system might say, this is an epic drop, its only because its spent all the quaity points on the wrong stats for the item (eg, a weapon type mainly used by a str based class has bonuses to int, making it useless to both str users and int users). Not to mention that the unique and set items are all woefully underpowered.

I think people who are saying it is basically a paid beta have a point, the regular beta only had the earliest part of the game, meaning that the later stage of the game never got the all important mass external testing that can reveal issues that internal testers would never think to test.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2012-07-28, 9:55 AM #11
viral marketing
:master::master::master:
2012-07-28, 9:58 AM #12
Originally posted by alpha1:
Its not even that there is no endgame beyond farming, its that even the farming itself is extremely tedious compared to farming in the previous diablo games, and that there is literally no weighting to the RNG for item generation, so while the system might say, this is an epic drop, its only because its spent all the quaity points on the wrong stats for the item (eg, a weapon type mainly used by a str based class has bonuses to int, making it useless to both str users and int users). Not to mention that the unique and set items are all woefully underpowered.

I think people who are saying it is basically a paid beta have a point, the regular beta only had the earliest part of the game, meaning that the later stage of the game never got the all important mass external testing that can reveal issues that internal testers would never think to test.

this is true yes. in diablo 2 you could act boss farm, super unique farm, or if you were really undergeared you could countess or cows for rare normals and runes and trade for loot. you could even grind pgems and trade them for starting items

you actually had a few options

plus you'd interact with players then :/
2012-07-28, 11:28 AM #13
Originally posted by Freelancer:

the only thing really wrong with diablo 3 is if the multiplayer is your primary focus... it's still an enjoyable game to solo through but the multiplayer is lacking and since the MP is obviously the main draw for many people it tends to get a tad more hate than it would otherwise
eat right, exercise, die anyway

↑ Up to the top!