Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What are you drinking tonight?
What are you drinking tonight?
2012-08-17, 6:46 PM #1
And, I'm looking for inexpensive, but awesome beer.

I used to drink PBR, but it's so damn expensive these days (now that it's a hipster drink). What can I drink that's good, but not expensive?

(For the time being, I'm going with Natty Ice)
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2012-08-17, 6:48 PM #2
I'm not a beer drinker since it disagrees with me, but as far as cheap beer is concerned, i hear that Genesee is pretty good.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2012-08-17, 7:15 PM #3
Did PBR actually increase in price? I wasn't aware of the change in price, if it did, since I'm not 19 or a hipster.

I used to drink Natty Ice when I was in the mood for awful beer that is dirt cheap.

Tonight, I drink water, because tomorrow, I work.
>>untie shoes
2012-08-17, 8:56 PM #4
Go fill up a growler at a local brewery. That's the cheapest around here.

o.0
2012-08-18, 8:20 AM #5
Originally posted by Antony:
Did PBR actually increase in price? I wasn't aware of the change in price, if it did, since I'm not 19 or a hipster.

I don't see the appeal of PBR besides the price. I always though it was the go-to brand if you want to get plastered and don't feel like spending a lot, but if its price is increasing...

I live NYC so maybe I should survey if the hipsters really do flock to this stuff. Went to a hipster party one time in the city and had boxed wine...
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-08-18, 9:46 AM #6
rolling rock
2012-08-18, 10:22 AM #7
1 part simple syrup
1 part patron cintronge
2 parts volcano lime burst
3 parts trader joes tequila reposado
2012-08-18, 7:38 PM #8
A few times a month at least my dinner is a box of salad and a PBR since it's like 1.30$ here for the big cans.

Tonight though it's ginger vodka tonics forever.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2012-08-19, 10:15 AM #9
Drank this last night:

[http://thefullpint.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Jester-King-Mikkeller-Weasel-Rodeo.jpg]

It's awesome, but not inexpensive.

Originally posted by Greenboy:
Go fill up a growler at a local brewery. That's the cheapest around here.

You're lucky. We pay basically pitcher prices here.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-08-19, 1:03 PM #10
Milk and honey. Am ill. :(
幻術
2012-08-19, 1:51 PM #11
I haven't decided yet when I go to a buddy's birthday. (Bars with apps that tell you whats on tap currently is awesome)
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2012-08-19, 5:22 PM #12
Ten High. Cause I'm a high roller like that.
>>untie shoes
2012-08-19, 6:29 PM #13
Diet Mountain Dew
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2012-08-19, 7:32 PM #14
water.....last beer i had? yuengling lager. last mixed drink? screwdriver. last shot i had? i don't remember.
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2012-08-19, 7:41 PM #15
Moose Drool. The big liquor store chain is selling 12-packs of it for $10, which is preposterous for something this good.
2012-08-19, 8:36 PM #16
Went to a BBQ today.. Brought Guinness Extra Stout and Newcastle Pale.. Wasn't inexpensive.. but great.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2012-08-19, 9:36 PM #17
water yo it's delish but I had some good beers in Austin right under Michael MF's nose this weekend.
2012-08-19, 9:58 PM #18
Originally posted by saberopus:
water yo it's delish but I had some good beers in Austin right under Michael MF's nose this weekend.

Austin is so full of good mother****in' beers, we've got like a dozen breweries now.
2012-08-19, 10:39 PM #19
St. Bernardus Prior 8
2012-08-19, 10:46 PM #20
He said to them: "You examine the face of heaven and earth, but you have not come to know the one who is in your presence, and you do not know how to examine the present moment." - Gospel of Thomas
2012-08-20, 1:42 PM #21
honestly if your ok with PBR and natty ice, just get bud light. cheap, does not taste quite as bad as natty, gets the job done.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-08-20, 4:07 PM #22
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Austin is so full of good mother****in' beers, we've got like a dozen breweries now.

You are an ******* and don't get on facebook enough. Who am I supposed to talk sports with?
>>untie shoes
2012-08-20, 4:14 PM #23
Hamm's. For $10/30-pack, it makes for a cheap party.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2012-08-20, 5:14 PM #24
I am still of the opinion that 90% of beer is swill.
nope.
2012-08-20, 5:58 PM #25
I bought a Sierra Nevada "Beer Camp" 12 pack. It has: Imperial Red Ale, Floral IPA, Imperial Pilsner, and Oatmeal Stout. Yay for trying some new beers.
2012-08-21, 1:18 AM #26
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
honestly if your ok with PBR and natty ice, just get bud light. cheap, does not taste quite as bad as natty, gets the job done.

that's just not true! we got 8 people together to blind taste test every cheap beer, and PBR was voted unanimously #1, even for people who claimed to not like it before. interestingly, tecate was the worst. BL was in the middle i think, but it's just too watery for my taste... PBR has something to it.

tonight, it's iced chamomile tea. because i finished a music video i was editing/VFX/coloring, and now im stoned out of my gourd in celebration.
2012-08-21, 2:22 AM #27
Originally posted by cazor:
now im stoned out of my gourd in celebration.

I always enjoyed watching this while gourding, in fact watching this right now :)

[/URL]

The foundations of my mind collapse when the mexicans come in, but in a good way
He said to them: "You examine the face of heaven and earth, but you have not come to know the one who is in your presence, and you do not know how to examine the present moment." - Gospel of Thomas
2012-08-21, 7:39 AM #28
Originally posted by cazor:
that's just not true! we got 8 people together to blind taste test every cheap beer, and PBR was voted unanimously #1, even for people who claimed to not like it before. interestingly, tecate was the worst. BL was in the middle i think, but it's just too watery for my taste... PBR has something to it.

tonight, it's iced chamomile tea. because i finished a music video i was editing/VFX/coloring, and now im stoned out of my gourd in celebration.

Yes, but due to geographic location, your blind taste test probably didn't include Yuengling, and for that it is flawed.
>>untie shoes
2012-08-21, 9:42 AM #29
Is Yuengling priced comparably to PBR, Bud Lite, and Tecate? It's definitely much better, but I don't know the price because I'm also not in one of the fourteen states where it's sold.
2012-08-21, 10:01 AM #30
Originally posted by Tenshu2.0:
The foundations of my mind collapse when the mexicans come in, but in a good way

I thought you went crazy years ago.
2012-08-21, 10:34 AM #31
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
I thought you went crazy years ago.

How's that?
2012-08-21, 12:04 PM #32
I have no idea.
2012-08-21, 9:46 PM #33
New Belgium Red Hoptober at the moment. Jester King Boxer's Revenge shortly.
2012-08-22, 9:10 AM #34
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Is Yuengling priced comparably to PBR, Bud Lite, and Tecate? It's definitely much better, but I don't know the price because I'm also not in one of the fourteen states where it's sold.

Yeah, it's about the same price as But Lite, and it's dramatically better.
>>untie shoes
2012-08-22, 5:28 PM #35
I drink Miller High Life and Yuengling.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-08-23, 10:22 PM #36
Simply lime water as my stomach is not in a state to digest beer or something hard drink... lol..
read this link >>> http://www.prlog.org/12116397-ashfor...uire-soon.html
2012-08-24, 2:59 AM #37
Originally posted by Jaimion:
Simply lime water as my stomach is not in a state to digest beer or something hard drink... lol..

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/waste/crying-indian1.jpg]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-08-24, 2:52 PM #38
I'm going to crack open a bottle of Ghost Face Killah tonight. 6 different hot poppers, from jalapeno to ghost pepper :P
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2012-08-24, 5:57 PM #39
Milk with turmeric powder you say... what is this sorcery!

are these legit users or like infiltration bots??? they dont seem to be selling anything... yet!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-08-24, 7:35 PM #40
I've mostly been drinking water, lately. Last beer I had was Paulaner hefeweizen.
I'm just a little boy.

↑ Up to the top!