Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → For all you Indiana Jones fans
For all you Indiana Jones fans
2012-08-17, 8:22 PM #1
http://www.imax.com/movies/m/indiana-jones-and-the-raiders-of-the-lost-ark-the-imax-experience/

Raiders will be playing for one week only at IMAX theaters around the country. I'm going. Are you?
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2012-08-18, 8:21 AM #2
Is it going to be an eye-killing blurriness experience?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-08-18, 9:42 AM #3
I will try my best to go.
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2012-08-18, 9:52 AM #4
so a film shot in 35mm put through a blow up process that reduces the detail in the film while making it bigger then projected onto a OMGHUGE screen

i'm gonna pass

for those who aren't aware... IMAX DMR is nothing more than noise reduction and a sharpening filter...
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-09-09, 8:40 PM #5
I went. It was awesome. Every once in a while things were a little blurry, like what you see when you take off the 3d glasses at a 3d movie, but they were few and far between. Well with it to see a film that came out before I was born on the big screen.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2012-09-10, 2:29 AM #6
With IMAX conversions, the quality will also denpend on the quality of the film stock, so a film that got high quality film stock will look far better blown up to imax size than a film that got a crappy production run like Aliens did (seriously, you can see the film grain on DVD quality, which is why I won't be getting a blu-ray of that film, as paying extra money just to get a better view of the film grain is a waste.).
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2012-09-10, 8:45 AM #7
I hadn't realized that they're planning to release a BluRay set of the series sometime in the future, really looking forward to that. Yet after all these years, I don't think the fourth movie was as bad as the South Park episode portrayed it (even though it was grimly hilarious). Shrug.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!