Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Sleeping Dogs
Sleeping Dogs
2012-08-22, 12:17 AM #1
...wasn't letting me get any sleep for 2 nights straight. It's like GTA4 meets Batman: Arkham Asylum, except more brutal, more fun, story-driven, and running much smoother on PC than the former (but then again, the GTA4 PC port was pretty terrible I think).

Cool story, parkour, intuitive driving controls and a very cool and brutal hand to hand fighting system, what's not to love? More people should play this game.

http://www.ign.com/games/sleeping-dogs/xbox-360-14279324

(review is for the Xbox version)
幻術
2012-08-22, 1:03 AM #2
actually it's more like True Crime: Hong Kong

but that could just be because that's what it once was
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-08-22, 4:24 AM #3
I was never a fan of the True Crime games, but I'm meaning to pick this up. Bastarding shop was actually sold out yesterday.
nope.
2012-08-22, 4:41 AM #4
It's a really great game. I didn't even know anything about it until a week before it came out (I don't know if it was just not advertised or if I kept missing them or what) but I'm really glad I finally caught on to it and got it pre-ordered. There are a couple of little niggling faults, but mostly the game is really well polished. I especially love the facial animation and voice acting; pretty much every character looks incredible during cutscenes.

Really, the only thing I wish they could have improved are the radio controls. I'd dearly love to be able to set a default station or just turn off stations from the pause menu but unfortunately that's not an option. After fiddling with it every time I got in to a different vehicle though I just gave up and discovered that the music on the stations I generally wouldn't have bothered with are actually pretty good and fit the atmosphere well, so I guess it wasn't a complete loss.

Lastly, I actually just finished off the story last night, and I've got to say that "brutal" is probably the most apt word to describe it. Not going to spoil anything, but Jesus Christ ow. They're kind of the words that came up most in my mind throughout the game, to be honest, but it definitely turns it up a notch during the last mission.
2012-08-22, 6:12 AM #5
It's very good. Runs well on PC (although no SLI profile for it in regular NVidia drivers right now, so you either have to add it manually or install a developer driver release). I think it's better than GTA 4 or Saint's Row 3 easily.
2012-08-24, 3:48 AM #6
I'm not keen on the driving so far, it feels spongey and I can take corners sharper than in the original driver.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!