Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Neil Armstrong
Neil Armstrong
2012-08-25, 3:39 PM #1
Passed away today at 82. :saddowns:
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-08-25, 3:46 PM #2
Hell of a guy. Never took much to his fame either, after his work with NASA he moved on to a private life (coincidentally only about 15 minutes from me) and stayed out of the limelight for the most part. I like the one statistic where his heartrate was 150 during the landing of the lunar module on the moon. I'm not sure there's a single person on this planet with more guts.
2012-08-25, 4:02 PM #3
RIP Neil. :(
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2012-08-25, 4:07 PM #4
I know he was probably not involved with the actual planning of or making the decision to carry out the whole fabrication in order to gain an edge in the Cold War (the Soviets already got "first in space", it would've been rather damaging to the US and its space program to have lost this one as well...) but I personally disagree with the idea that we should be glorifying a scam artist. As a person, though, he seemed nice enough, and I understand that this must've been a very good-paying gig, so I suppose I'd have done the same in his shoes.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2012-08-25, 4:12 PM #5
Originally posted by Krokodile:
I know he was probably not involved with the actual planning of or making the decision to carry out the whole fabrication in order to gain an edge in the Cold War (the Soviets already got "first in space", it would've been rather damaging to the US and its space program to have lost this one as well...) but I personally disagree with the idea that we should be glorifying a scam artist. As a person, though, he seemed nice enough, and I understand that this must've been a very good-paying gig, so I suppose I'd have done the same in his shoes.

No one here is dumb enough to take your bait krok :P
2012-08-25, 8:24 PM #6
when i read it i thought i was reading a freelancer post... then i looked at who posted it and realized it's only kroko being a silly finnboy as usual
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-08-25, 10:34 PM #7
Originally posted by Krokodile:

Everyone knows Neil Armstrong got famous by helping the government set up 9/11
2012-08-26, 1:28 AM #8
RIP Neil Armstrong
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-08-27, 4:49 AM #9
.(
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2012-09-08, 9:52 PM #10
I just found out about this today. I really need to carry a radio with me when I'm on patrol in the Adirondack Wilderness so that I can keep myself updated with the news...

↑ Up to the top!