Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Turns out Ron Paul actually is unelectable...
Turns out Ron Paul actually is unelectable...
2012-08-28, 3:29 PM #1
Since Mitt Romney is officially the Republican nominee for President of the United States.

It's not like we didn't see this coming, but let's discuss!

The big story around here is that Obama is allegedly killing the coal industry. The owners of the mines have expressed their displeasure at his presidency on multiple occasions, since the new EPA regulations took effect and it's costing them money. Curiously, the coal industry has grown non-stop since Obama took office, so I'm not sure how it's so bad for them. The crazy part of this, to me, is that even though the owners of the mines are setting profit and production records for their respective companies, they're laying off workers and telling them it's because they're not making any money. So now we have all of these signs in front of various houses that say "Stop the war on coal: Fire Obama!". I find this especially curious because many of these guys are union miners. I'm not entirely sure how union miners can support a guy like Romney. It doesn't make any sense to me.

So we have union laborers, supporting a man who is anti-union, while their bosses continue to become more and more rich. This is pretty much the only issue anyone around here gives a damn about, and I can understand why. The people who are afraid they're going to lose their jobs are supporting Romney because they think that Obama will mean the end of the coal industry, while the people who continue to support Obama think the others are insane.

What really bothers me about it is it shows a lack of interest in learning about the issue. It doesn't take that much use of google to find that the coal industry is doing very well. The owners appear to be laying off the workers as a way to frighten them into voting for a guy who will give them tax breaks, and who has promised to amend the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act.

The crazy part of it is, there is actually technology that makes it very easy to meet the standards of the regulations set forth by the Clean air and Water Acts, but the companies refuse to invest in it, choosing instead to scare the workers into getting someone into office who promises they won't have to invest in technology that will stop this area from having sulfur and mercury in the water.

So, now that I'm done with my little rant about how coal owners are masters of propaganda, post the issues that are big in your area this election. I'm sure the coal issue isn't big in most places where Massassians live, but I'm sure there are other equally loaded issues. Let's hear them.
>>untie shoes
2012-08-28, 5:31 PM #2
Not much more I can say about Mitt Romney that I haven't already said.
2012-08-28, 7:44 PM #3
I hope the hurricane speeds up and detours right into the convention.

It would be the first natural disaster that would do the country good.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-08-28, 8:00 PM #4
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
I hope the hurricane speeds up and detours right into the convention.

It would be the first natural disaster that would do the country good.

I think you're most of a week late there...considering it's perched on top of NOLA right now and all...
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2012-08-29, 1:29 AM #5
Your face is unelectable.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!