Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Contest Judging has begun.
Contest Judging has begun.
2012-10-01, 8:07 PM #1
The judges have received their PMs containing info on how to vote. The results will be announced on JK's anniversary, October 9th.

With a total of 6 submissions, this will be exciting! Here's some random statistics:

The largest zip is a whopping 72MB.
3 entries contain more than 1 playable level.
Multiple entries include custom voice acting.
2012-10-01, 8:15 PM #2
I set the other computer up in the other room for this very occasion. I am really excited to play all of these levels. Anyone running a server and wanna whisper me the IP? I'd actually be interested in keeping one up if there isn't one already.

Now lets see if I can remember how to install all of this crap. Perhaps some links would be useful? Especially installing the patchers to steam.

P.S. A big thanks to CoolMatty for setting all of this up and managing it, he's putting in a lot of unpaid time on this.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2012-10-01, 8:21 PM #3
I don't think you need a server, kirby. They're all single player levels >.>
2012-10-01, 8:41 PM #4
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
I don't think you need a server, kirby. They're all single player levels >.>

Yeah .... Hence it being a single player contest...

>.> I knew that.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2012-10-01, 9:47 PM #5
woo hoo!!! And definately a big thank you to CM.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-10-01, 10:20 PM #6
In other news productivity today reached an all time low. Downloading now... :D

Major thanks to CM and Echoman (who announced it) for organizing this so we could all enjoy one last SP romp for nostalgia sake.
Lyrics are highly overrated.
2012-10-01, 11:52 PM #7
I don't think anyone is going to find judging this difficult.
2012-10-02, 12:17 AM #8
I donno. Just finished JM, Darth_Alran, and Elmo's levels. Really pleased with the quality so far. Saving the last three for later today.
2012-10-02, 1:06 AM #9
Does Ogel's level require a patch? I'm getting could not load level, but it says Jedi Knight Basic in the description.

Edit: it does.

well i hope my level isn't dead last :x about all i'm hoping for now
2012-10-02, 7:50 AM #10
One of them has a crash bug and I can't progress. At least, I can't find any other path, and going into this one particular room always crashes it.
2012-10-02, 8:44 AM #11
For those of you playing The Fall of JuzSoft 2, please extract the /TFOJ2 folder into your Jedi Knight directory and launch JK using the included TFOJ2.bat file (place that file in your JK directory also).
If you're running a newer system and can only run JK in windowed mode, edit the .bat file and add the parameter -windowgui to the command, right before -path.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2012-10-02, 2:41 PM #12
Originally posted by JM:
One of them has a crash bug and I can't progress. At least, I can't find any other path, and going into this one particular room always crashes it.

i think i know which room you're talking about. try using the fly cheat, "eriamjh", to get through.
2012-10-02, 3:45 PM #13
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
For those of you playing The Fall of JuzSoft 2, please extract the /TFOJ2 folder into your Jedi Knight directory and launch JK using the included TFOJ2.bat file (place that file in your JK directory also).
If you're running a newer system and can only run JK in windowed mode, edit the .bat file and add the parameter -windowgui to the command, right before -path.

Your level is this?
http://jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=317

I'm only commenting because I played the version that is downloadable :P

Good luck to everyone ^^
2012-10-02, 4:00 PM #14
Originally posted by Kamon:
Your level is this?
http://jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=317

I'm only commenting because I played the version that is downloadable :P

Good luck to everyone ^^

Based on the gob alone, that's not even halfway complete there :P
2012-10-02, 8:21 PM #15
STOP JUDGING PEOPLE GOD DAMN
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-10-03, 6:37 AM #16
Huh? Oh, I get it. Tee hee.

Edit: My vote is cast. Thanks everyone for your hard work. It was fun running through JK one more time :)
2012-10-03, 11:59 AM #17
Some of these entries are just ****ing great.

[http://i.imgur.com/15Fag.gif]
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-10-03, 12:31 PM #18
Originally posted by Emon:
Some of these entries are just ****ing great.

Way to put it kindly Emon :saddowns:
2012-10-03, 12:57 PM #19
I sincerely very much enjoyed each entry.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-10-03, 7:25 PM #20
Will this not be available until the judging is complete?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2012-10-04, 12:19 AM #21
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Will this not be available until the judging is complete?

Nope, we're not even really supposed to be talking about it, that's why we're being rather vague
2012-10-04, 5:41 AM #22
Hey you remember that part in that one where that thing happened?
2012-10-04, 6:31 AM #23
Yeah imagine the harm if details were to be leaked.
2012-10-04, 7:09 AM #24
Originally posted by saberopus:
Yeah imagine the harm if details were to be leaked.

I want it to be a surprise. Sue me.
2012-10-04, 7:27 AM #25
Post just the screenshots in this thread? Then we won't know too much, but we'll have a 'face to put to the name' so to speak when the results are announced. It'd be a fun teaser, anyway.

Just an idea :)
2012-10-04, 10:24 AM #26
REQUEST DENIED.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum

↑ Up to the top!