Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The results are in! Here are your Massassi Level Pack 6 winners!
The results are in! Here are your Massassi Level Pack 6 winners!
2012-10-08, 9:43 PM #1
http://massassi.net/mlp6/

I wanted to thank everyone again for participating, as well as donating. It's a bit heartwarming to see the community come together for one last hurrah, and a fantastic one it is. I doubt there will be another contest, so I am happy this one didn't flop. It will stand as a testament to Massassi's history.

Contest winners will be contacted via forum PM sometime on the 9th (today/tomorrow depending on when you're reading this). Keep an eye out.

As for all the submissions, I know some were somewhat incomplete, so if you wish to revise or polish your submissions, please send me a message when you're done. I'll gladly fix the online version for you.
2012-10-08, 9:47 PM #2
Really, really, enjoyed the whole experience, and kudos to Elmo. I'm really happy you won, you deserved it. I had so much fun running thru your map!

PS - I'm the anon reviewer. Didn't really know what CM had in mind. No prob with people knowing. If you want more feedback on your levels (particularly help squashing bugs), let me know.
Lyrics are highly overrated.
2012-10-08, 10:20 PM #3
WooHoo! Congrats Elmo! Really congratulations to EVERYONE who entered for actually getting something in!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-10-08, 10:38 PM #4
Congratulations all around! 15 years on, amazing to see what this community can still accomplish (with a little $$ incentive, admittedly ;)). I look forward to playing these levels eventually, and I've no doubt it will be a trip. Looks like Elmo and Grismath might just have created their magnum opus!

<3 Massassi.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2012-10-08, 10:39 PM #5
Minor update: fixed the fonts a bit on the page, I was in a rush and forgot to add the font to the source HTML for you folks that didn't have it (most of you).
2012-10-08, 11:16 PM #6
Congrats everyone! Now I got to reinstall JK on my computer... or more likely, have to buy a copy off Steam or something. And then try to remember how to install maps. And then remember how to play the game... <.<
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2012-10-08, 11:48 PM #7
Well done guys - I'm looking forward to playing through them tonight.
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2012-10-09, 12:56 AM #8
Congrats to Elmo and everyone else! These definitely are The JK Projects To End All JK Projects. I'm totally going to defy my mobile Internet monthly data cap to snatch these (including AtPHC if the download link worked *cough*). Also writing my own reviews as soon as I can.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-10-09, 1:08 AM #9
oh god I'm playing TFoJ immediament.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-10-09, 5:50 AM #10
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Congrats to Elmo and everyone else! These definitely are The JK Projects To End All JK Projects. I'm totally going to defy my mobile Internet monthly data cap to snatch these (including AtPHC if the download link worked *cough*). Also writing my own reviews as soon as I can.

Fixed, JM gave it the wrong abbreviation (ahpc.zip instead of aphc.zip) and I didn't even notice.
2012-10-09, 6:52 AM #11
Congratulations Elmo! So happy that we actually had quality submissions - I can't wait to try all of these out. :)
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2012-10-09, 7:05 AM #12
Great works, mans! Elmo whatcha gonna buy me with the prize money?
2012-10-09, 8:09 AM #13
Alright, finished playing through the entries twice and posted my wordtabulous reviews on their respective file pages. Really glad to see that this pack came into fruition, otherwise I'd forever feel OUTRAGE. SHOCK and OUTRAGE. over not "converting" Anonymous from MotS for JK and entering it into the contest (since by the time someone would have discovered that it was only a repackaged and already released old level, Elmo would already have fled with the prize money to... ... somewhere where he could go with ~430 bux. Stuttgart?). But ALAS, I'm glad all went well.
2012-10-09, 9:12 AM #14
Wow. I cannot believe that i missed out on such a crucial moment in Massassi history. My pc has been broken for a while which inhibits my ability to play any jk game. (which is a shame because I had it all set up for jk already including running jk 2.0 [or whatever it was called jk advanced?] and todoa). This is a heart breaker for sure. I cannot believe that i missed this monumental moment.

Rest assured once i get someone to burn me those windows 7 system instillation dvd ill be up n playing all these awesome levels and giving each individual project my personal critique.
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2012-10-09, 4:48 PM #15
Wheee!
Thanks to all contributors for the opportunity to work on one final (for me at least) JK project. I really enjoyed playing each entry. Those were some nostalgia-filled months...
* Elmo is Elmo
2012-10-09, 5:07 PM #16
The winners have now been notified concerning their winnings.
2012-10-10, 1:00 AM #17
I'm looking forward to playing through these puppies when I get the opportunity.
? :)
2012-10-10, 4:30 AM #18
One last thing, though - Elmo. Can you explain wtf is going on in your level? Why is Jerec there?
2012-10-10, 5:48 AM #19
I figured it was a prequel. Per the readme;
It is only a few months after the destruction of the
second Death Star. With the Emperor defeated, the
Rebel Alliance has begun the difficult process of
building a New Republic.
Meanwhile, a powerful new evil has risen. A group of
Dark Jedi is assembling an army from the remnants of
the fallen Galactic Empire.
Having been captured by Imperial Agents, during the
Battle of Endor, mercenary Kyle Katarn is unaware of
a sinister scheme that will throw him once more into
a struggle for the fate of the galaxy..."
Lyrics are highly overrated.
2012-10-13, 3:49 AM #20
yah i knew i'd be last, my level was ****ty. i did 75% of it in the last 2 days. i had much much better plans for it, but procrastination ruled
2012-10-13, 3:00 PM #21
Just letting the winners know: I have finally received responses from all 3, and fund dispersal will happen on Monday!
2012-10-13, 3:28 PM #22
>.>
<.<
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-10-14, 8:53 AM #23
Maybe so, Reid, but I still did like your level way more than many other levels that were in production for longer.

But alas, now that the contest is over it's time to put your hand over your heart and join me in singing

Oh say, can you see
By the sector's EXTRA LIGHT
What so proudly we cleaved
at Massassi's last gleaming
2012-10-14, 9:55 AM #24
so... Who is up for a MP level contest!?!?!? Nah, i suppose we should end on a high note.
2012-10-14, 12:45 PM #25
Oh say, can you see
By the sector's EXTRA LIGHT
What so proudly we cleaved
at Massassi's last gleaming

Without the judges last flair, the votes would not be there
They gave proof through democracy that Elmo was king
Who's 16 bit mats and well carved sectors
Shone on the old JK! and the home, of Massassi!
2012-10-14, 1:30 PM #26
ONCE upon a midnight dreary, I took the key out the inventory, closely approached my chamber door! - Quoth the raven, "COG_01004"

Gone are the days when I'd wake up in the morning for the pledgeofallegiancestrings.uni

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE
TO FACE FLAG 0X5 OF SURFACE 6
AND TO THE COGS FOR WHICH IT STANDS
ONE EPISODE.JK
UNDER ALEXEI NOVIKOV
UNCLEAVABLE
WITH "ERROR CANNOT LOAD LEVEL" FOR ALL
2012-10-14, 10:11 PM #27
words

you're just mad because you didn't even place
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-10-14, 10:16 PM #28
I voted for saberopus.
>>untie shoes
2012-10-14, 10:29 PM #29
uh guys is massassi shutting down or something?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-10-14, 11:08 PM #30
Originally posted by Tracer:

What?
2012-10-15, 9:56 AM #31
Originally posted by Tracer:

Yes. Someone touched the server.

[http://www.massassi.net/etc/massassiserver.jpg]
2012-10-15, 11:37 AM #32
Just observing that people are acting like this is the end. :) I get that there may never be another JK level contest, but still...
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-10-15, 5:05 PM #33
No more JK levels ever :(
2012-10-15, 7:23 PM #34
It's interesting to look back through the history of the level packs. Especially comparing the first level pack to these entries... it's amazing how far various editors have pushed the JK engine. The levels in MLP1 were considered the best of the best at the time, yet now they look so... bland.

↑ Up to the top!