Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Restrants I Dont Want to Eat At
Restrants I Dont Want to Eat At
2012-10-18, 6:21 PM #1
Taco Bell
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2012-10-18, 6:38 PM #2
What's wrong with Taco Bell? They use 100%* genuine American ground beef.

[sub]* 100% genuine American ground beef constitutes 36% of ground beef-style taco filling by volume.[/sub]
2012-10-18, 7:48 PM #3
A Crispy Potato Soft Taco ain't real Mexican, but it'll do in a pinch.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2012-10-18, 7:58 PM #4
"Bob's House of Crap"
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-10-18, 8:24 PM #5
I eat at Taco Bell every week, hasn't killed me yet.

I guess the only thing I really avoid would be Sushi restaurants.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-10-18, 8:59 PM #6
Restaurants at Which I Don't Want to Eat
2012-10-18, 9:14 PM #7
"Bill's Deep-Fried Garbage"
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-10-19, 1:51 AM #8
As a taco bell employee, get the **** out of my drivethru you troglodyte.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-10-19, 2:00 AM #9
If I ever go back to the U.S. (most likely nigh-impossible), I'll definitely check Taco Bell out. And those other things I mention in the chat every now and then.

As far as the topic is concerned, I don't think I really have any restaurants where I wouldn't eat at by principle. Hell, last year I ate one of the most fat-tastic burger meal at McDonalds twice a week for a month and started losing weight. Good times.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-10-19, 2:23 AM #10
oh, did yall see this about american beef?

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/10/news/economy/farmers-cows-candy-feed/index.html
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2012-10-19, 3:05 AM #11
here let me quote a bit from that article for you

Quote:
Sugar also helps to fatten up beef cattle, according to livestock nutritionist Chuck Hurst, owner of Nutritech, Inc., in Carmen, Idaho, without any ill effects to the cow, or to the person consuming its meat or milk. He said that it's the sugar in the candy that's important, and that it provides "the same kind of energy as corn."
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-10-19, 4:36 AM #12
If you're bothered by cows being fattened up with candy, you're likely also bothered by them being fattened up with corn & probably already purchase meat that went through an alternative production system. They should just use the best of both worlds...

? :)
2012-10-19, 8:37 AM #13
Stuff like this is why American beef is so bad.
2012-10-19, 9:06 AM #14
Applebee's, Chili's, Olive Gardens, Red Lobster, TGI Fridays, Papa John's, Dominoes, etc.

They are all horrible.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-10-19, 9:09 AM #15
Michael MacFarlane's House
2012-10-19, 10:27 AM #16
Originally posted by Jon`C:
What's wrong with Taco Bell? They use 100%* genuine American ground beef.

[sub]* 100% genuine American ground beef constitutes 36% of ground beef-style taco filling by volume.[/sub]

Nonsense. There was never actually any evidence of this. Taco Bell meat cannot be 100% beef simply because it also has water and seasonings added to it. IIRC the mix is around 88% beef and 12% a mixture of other stuff, including water and spices. It's the same thing as an Ortega taco kit.

It's also not "Grade D meat," either. There is no such thing.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2012-10-19, 11:07 AM #17
Everyone knows that cattle suffering from Bovine Sponiform Encephalopathy taste the best.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-10-19, 11:34 AM #18
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
here let me quote a bit from that article for you

I dont believe that quote.

I would also like to add Shonies to my list of restrants.
2012-10-19, 11:57 AM #19
Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pJlgz8l40A
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2012-10-19, 12:14 PM #20
I thought cows ate grass
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2012-10-19, 3:15 PM #21
Originally posted by Emon:
Nonsense. There was never actually any evidence of this. Taco Bell meat cannot be 100% beef simply because it also has water and seasonings added to it. IIRC the mix is around 88% beef and 12% a mixture of other stuff, including water and spices. It's the same thing as an Ortega taco kit.

It's also not "Grade D meat," either. There is no such thing.

:carl:
2012-10-19, 4:21 PM #22
I'm foreign and what is this?
nope.
2012-10-19, 4:34 PM #23
Taco Bell beef? I thought it was diarrhea...
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2012-10-19, 5:07 PM #24
Originally posted by Jon`C:
:carl:

I wasn't sure if you were serious or not, but someone was bound to believe you.
2012-10-19, 5:58 PM #25
Originally posted by Emon:
I wasn't sure if you were serious or not, but someone was bound to believe you.

Didn't Taco Bell counter-sue the law firm that tried to sue them?
2012-10-19, 6:21 PM #26
Originally posted by Elana14:
I dont believe that quote.

conveniently choosing not to believe a quote from an article you linked where a livestock nutritionist (AKA someone who knows more than you on this subject) says there are no ill effects from using the candy

wonderful way to strengthen your arguement
2012-10-19, 7:23 PM #27
Pretty much any chain restaurant. The only exception is that I'll eat fast food when I'm traveling, and need my meal to be, well, fast.
2012-10-19, 7:58 PM #28
"Bill's Mush Emporium"
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-10-19, 9:34 PM #29
Originally posted by saberopus:
Michael MacFarlane's House

I'll remember this.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-10-19, 9:38 PM #30
sick burn dog
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-10-19, 9:43 PM #31
I find that in regard to food, you get what you pay for. Don't complain about how a $17 steak at Applebee's isn't all that good. It's not Morton's for christ's sake. Generally speaking, if something is really god damned good, you're going to have to pay a relatively significant amount of money to eat it. Cheap food is kind of awful, but it can satisfy your tastes in a way. Fast food is pretty much universally garbage, but I love it anyway. I try not to eat it, but fairly often I end up going to McDonalds or Subway for my lunch at work. When going out to eat, there isn't really much to choose from around here other than chain places. So I'm limited to places like Red Lobster and Longhorn. It's not the end of the world. The food is decent at those places, and no matter what any miserly ******* tells you, it's not overpriced.

When I lived in Columbus, it was a different story entirely. I was a big fan of Smith & Wollensky, The Ocean Club, Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse, etc... Those places serve truly excellent food, but you more or less can't eat there without leaving over $100 on the table at the end of the night.

Also, it's important to keep in mind that when you say you disregard all chain restaurants, you are including the likes of Smith & Wollensky, Morton's, and so forth. Those are world-class restaurants that also happen to be chains. Just because there's more than one of a place doesn't make it garbage.
>>untie shoes
2012-10-19, 9:48 PM #32
unless it's "bill's deep fried garbage" right
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-10-19, 9:53 PM #33
Of course. In that case, you want to avoid all of those places.

Side note: None of those restaurants deliver.
>>untie shoes
2012-10-19, 11:25 PM #34
You guys are so funny who say places like "bills fried garbage emporium" where you have 'garbage' in the title HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2012-10-20, 12:37 AM #35
Antony, I must diagree with you on one point... Red Lobster is DEFINITELY overpriced.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2012-10-20, 2:10 AM #36
A signature dish in Rochester, NY is the "garbage plate." It's ****ing delicious.
2012-10-20, 6:55 AM #37
that's because y'all are a bunch of garbage eating hobos
2012-10-20, 8:38 AM #38
Nobody has a garbage plate down here :(
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2012-10-20, 8:42 AM #39
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
Antony, I must diagree with you on one point... Red Lobster is DEFINITELY overpriced.

How so? Can you point to an establishment that offers a similarly comprehensive seafood menu that is cheaper? I can't think of one. Just because it's more than you like to spend doesn't mean it's overpriced.

Bear in mind we're speaking about chain restaurants. Don't tell me about the place in Baltimore that has cheap crab legs or how you can get lobster as cheap as hamburger in Maine. Not the same thing. My point is that in the middle of Ohio, or some other landlocked location, you aren't going to find seafood at a better price. The fact that you think it's too expensive for a restaurant (it isn't. It's not even close), doesn't actually make it overpriced. You get what you pay for, and seafood isn't cheap.

Furthermore, if you want to discuss areas other than seafood on the menu, then we can do that as well, because those things aren't as governed by region and how expensive it is to have it delivered before it goes bad. Note that getting a steak equivalent of what you would find at a place like Logan's Roadhouse or Applebee's will cost you just about the same price as what it would at Red Lobster. You can't just look at the menu and say "oh it's a steak and it's expensive". If you did that then you'd **** your pants if you ever went to an actual high-end steakhouse, because "the same" (read: it's not the same) cut of meat is going to cost you five times as much.

I don't understand why people say places are overpriced, when you're very clearly getting what you pay for. The reason the ribeye costs $25 at Red Lobster and it costs $18 at Applebees is because the one you get at Red Lobster is way god damned better. Just like how the reason the ribeye you get at Smith & Wollensky costs $130. It costs that much because it's god damned orgasmic. Of course, if the steak and eggs you get at the diner down the street is better to you, then I'm in no place to argue with what blows your hair back. My point is that the price of a dish varies by the quality of the establishment. Red Lobster is more expensive because it's at the higher end of common chain restaurants. The food is better, so the price is higher.
>>untie shoes
2012-10-20, 9:48 AM #40
Also keep in mind that however much your food costs at Red Lobster you get those FREE GODDAMNED CHEDDAR BAY BISCUITS!
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."

↑ Up to the top!