Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → hacking attempt on my Google account
hacking attempt on my Google account
2012-10-25, 3:58 AM #1
Got an alert early this morning. Some one from China is trying to use an application to access my account.

password reset, it was already ultra secure. anyone have experIence with something like happening?
2012-10-25, 6:27 AM #2
It's happened to a bunch of people, just because it's a big target. Did it say they had logged in, or only attempts to? Either way, it's a good idea to have changed your password.
2012-10-25, 7:37 AM #3
This has happened to me, and both times coincided with them hacking my WoW account. They used my email to change the password, I suppose.

Either way, change your password, and if you play any MMO's I highly suggest you secure those also.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2012-10-25, 8:01 AM #4
i had multiple login attempts on my google account from pakistan a while back
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2012-10-25, 8:29 AM #5
Turn on two-channel authentication.
2012-10-25, 1:09 PM #6
Yea, when I went to change my password I saw that option.. I didn't bother do it I was at work and not supposed to be using my phone anyways... I'll probably do it now.
2012-10-25, 2:57 PM #7
I get random phonecalls from google occasionally. Makes me glad I have it turned on.

o.0
2012-10-25, 11:29 PM #8
I had it.

New password now includes funky characters and I am therefore immune to Chinese people.
He said to them: "You examine the face of heaven and earth, but you have not come to know the one who is in your presence, and you do not know how to examine the present moment." - Gospel of Thomas
2012-10-25, 11:42 PM #9
我们的整个语言包含奇怪的字符。我们关于这个问题的专家。您的密码是属于我们的。 - 中国
? :)

↑ Up to the top!