Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hurricane Sandy Live Coverage
Hurricane Sandy Live Coverage
2012-10-29, 7:59 AM #1
If you're in AMERICA, you may want to check out the Live Coverage on this... It's gonna blow you away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXMU2qwCVag

Best of luck, people.
幻術
2012-10-29, 8:23 AM #2
I'm in one of the likely heavier spots of the fun (Maryland). So far, mostly just rain and some wind, though I imagine it'll pick up a little soon. Most everywhere in the state already closed down, though since I have work-at-home ability, I still have to work unless my power goes out.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2012-10-29, 6:40 PM #3
I've always wanted to experience a hurricane. I love super heavy rain and wind and the few storms we ever get here always leave me unsatisfied.
2012-10-29, 6:47 PM #4
Hmmmmm. It's too bad you don't live in New York City or New Jersey. Hopefully, thousands of dollars in property damage would leave you feeling satisfied.
>>untie shoes
2012-10-29, 7:02 PM #5
Originally posted by Dash_rendar:
I've always wanted to experience a hurricane. I love super heavy rain and wind and the few storms we ever get here always leave me unsatisfied.

It's not that impressive. The spring storms are way better, a lot more lightning.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2012-10-29, 7:21 PM #6
Supercane Sandy
Sugarcane Candy
2012-10-30, 11:03 AM #7
Originally posted by Dash_rendar:
I love super heavy rain and wind and the few storms we ever get here always leave me unsatisfied.

Same. The last time we had some great and magnificent storms was in 2010 (before that in 2007 but the storms two years ago were very epic for me). I didn't remember the clouds being that impressive either (page in Finnish but I guess you can see the pics).

Anyway, hurricanes and earthquakes really seem to suck and I'm quite glad I don't live in an area where they occur regularly. I think at one point there was an earthquake around here that broke some windows and before that the only instance of something breaking windows from a long distance was the detonation of Tsar Bomba in the 1960s. Boh!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-10-30, 1:21 PM #8
As a Floridian, I have a hard time understanding the freakouts caused by a "post-tropical" storm. People here don't really bat an eye at anything less than a category 3 hurricane. I take it the cities up there are just less prepared for storms? Are building codes markedly different?

Not trying to sound hard or anything, but schools would still be open here if Sandy was blowing over head.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2012-10-30, 2:48 PM #9
I want my electricity back already. :(
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-10-30, 5:48 PM #10
Originally posted by UltimatePotato:
As a Floridian, I have a hard time understanding the freakouts caused by a "post-tropical" storm. People here don't really bat an eye at anything less than a category 3 hurricane. I take it the cities up there are just less prepared for storms? Are building codes markedly different?

Not trying to sound hard or anything, but schools would still be open here if Sandy was blowing over head.

Right, because Isaac didn't cause everyone down here to freak out and shut down for what turned out to be an overcast day :P
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2012-11-01, 1:23 PM #11
Going through Halloween night in the darkened lower Manhattan was strangely eerie and awesome.

But I don't feel like doing it again tonight. Had to cross Brooklyn Bridge on foot because no cab would take me to Brooklyn.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-11-01, 2:52 PM #12
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Going through Halloween night in the darkened lower Manhattan was strangely eerie and awesome.

But I don't feel like doing it again tonight. Had to cross Brooklyn Bridge on foot because no cab would take me to Brooklyn.

My roommate and I did the same thing last night. Only we had to cross the Williamsburg Bridge and we were on bike. The LES was quite eerie indeed.

↑ Up to the top!