Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A sense of scale.
A sense of scale.
2012-11-03, 4:15 PM #1
We all need perspective now and then, so here you go.
http://htwins.net/scale2/
2012-11-03, 5:27 PM #2
Cool. It's a little buggy on Firefox but I like astronomy stuff like this. Also the space music.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2012-11-03, 5:38 PM #3
Space music is here: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/mp3-royaltyfree/Frozen%20Star.mp3
2012-11-03, 5:44 PM #4
Thanks for that.
2012-11-03, 7:47 PM #5
I like zooming all the way in and out while making a long, drawn out "whoosh" noise the entire time.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2012-11-03, 8:06 PM #6
This is pretty damned neat, Tibby. This thread delivers.
>>untie shoes
2012-11-03, 11:45 PM #7
Yo momma's so fat, she makes the pillars of creation look like a charm quark.
He said to them: "You examine the face of heaven and earth, but you have not come to know the one who is in your presence, and you do not know how to examine the present moment." - Gospel of Thomas
2012-11-04, 12:30 AM #8
Yo momma's so fat, she tried to eat Gomez's Hamburger and succeeded.
2012-11-04, 2:03 AM #9
It does seem that they are violating Disney's trademarks with that mickey mouse molecule (H2O).

Nice site, anyway.

(I was going to make a joke by fabricating an SI definition of plank length using terms of human anatomy, but I couldn't imagine how to do that without coming off as a dick.)
2012-11-04, 2:28 AM #10
Yo momma's so fat that the total diameter of herself can not be directly observed, but can be inferred by how fast it is expanding and old it is
and man, she's really ****ing old too.
2012-11-04, 4:54 AM #11
Yo mama is so heavy, all hamburgers which have fallen into her are stored on her surface.
He said to them: "You examine the face of heaven and earth, but you have not come to know the one who is in your presence, and you do not know how to examine the present moment." - Gospel of Thomas
2012-11-04, 9:58 AM #12
I've seen this before... Still good, though. Still good.
幻術
2012-11-04, 12:03 PM #13
My problem with these is that after a certain point it all loses scale again. It sort of belittles the size of the universe when just ten seconds earlier I was looking at Earth being larger than me by several orders of magnitude. But still cool.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2012-11-04, 12:09 PM #14
Close, but no cigar. Didn't even catch a glimpse of MBeggar's vast entity.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-11-04, 12:12 PM #15
Hey, I remember crashing into some (ok a lot) of these planets/stars in Frontier...

E: OH GOD VEGA IS FREAKIN OUT ON ME MAN
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2012-11-04, 12:56 PM #16
Awesome! My biggest surprise was seeing stars that were visible fractions the size of nebulas.. this can't be right surely?!
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2012-11-04, 8:02 PM #17
This was really cool! that is all.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-11-04, 11:25 PM #18

Mindboggling to realize we don't just live on a planet which came from stardust, we ourselves are made up entirely of atoms which traveled through stupifying distances in space. Maybe we are made up from dust which was shot through the expanses of the universe by supermassive black holes in the young universe. Although I think it's pretty clear that I'm made up of some of the less ****ty dust.

For fellow mindbogglers, I can warmly recommended exploring that youtube channel.

↑ Up to the top!