Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Texas secedes!
Texas secedes!
2012-11-13, 3:12 PM #1
Not really but in stoked on this idea!!

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=17701519
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2012-11-13, 4:01 PM #2
Remember that time that states petitioned to secede from the union after the last two presidential elections? Yeah... No one cared then either.

Texas could potentially end up getting enough signatures to warrant an official response from the White House. And by an official response, I mean:

"Hey Texas,

No.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama"
>>untie shoes
2012-11-13, 4:14 PM #3
yeah, I REALLY doubt anything will come of this. I think there are like 23 different states that are doing something similar, mostly symbolically.

although one thing i would be COMPLETELY in support of would be splitting California into an Official Norther California and Southern California.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-11-13, 4:39 PM #4
Nothing will happen at all lol but it's hilarious and almost frightening at the same time. I am so ready for another civil war.

I just don't know what side to be on......
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2012-11-13, 5:31 PM #5
United we stand, divided we fall.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-11-13, 5:48 PM #6
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
Nothing will happen at all lol but it's hilarious and almost frightening at the same time. I am so ready for another civil war.

I just don't know what side to be on......

Another? What other civil wars have you personally been in?

Anyone wants a war doesn't know what a war is. I don't even think it's something to joke about. You do understand that wars are not like Call of Duty, right? You don't get to run around shooting people with superhuman accuracy and near-invincibility. Instead, you're firing real bullets at real people who have families, in towns with civilians, where any stray bullet could mean a dead child. Or a grenade in your direction could mean you never walk again. Or where famine becomes a very real possibility.

Are you, even in a joking manner, going to tell me that this is worth a war just because of some grievance you have with some laws and the president?
2012-11-13, 10:05 PM #7
Secession would be both illegal and dumb, so it's really directly in Governor Rick Perry's wheelhouse.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2012-11-13, 10:25 PM #8
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
You do understand that wars are not like Call of Duty, right? You don't get to run around shooting people with superhuman accuracy and near-invincibility.
Basically you do, considering that the survivalists and ranchers would get wiped out with cruise missiles and the rest of the state is morbidly obese.
2012-11-14, 3:55 AM #9
Obama should allow Texas to secede, then make a polite suggestion to Mexico that Texas is no longer under US military protection. Alamo 2.0

I know this is just a form of protest and none of these states really want to leave, but for some reason I find this form of protest particularly repulsive.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2012-11-14, 3:58 AM #10
I'm sorry, but the Deus Ex Continuity Bible clearly dictates that you'll have another civil war in the 2030s (I think) so you're gonna have to A) wait B) suck up to it.

[/Internet forum post]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-11-14, 5:14 AM #11
Originally posted by EAH_TRISCUIT:
I know this is just a form of protest and none of these states really want to leave, but for some reason I find this form of protest particularly repulsive.

Whatever you do mean? The nominally-grown up rendition of threatening to take your ball and go home if you don't get your way is not the least bit impotent, childish, and contemptible. Stop denigrating their noble and just cause.

Apologies accepted in the form of payments to their Evangelical MLM scam.
2012-11-14, 6:21 AM #12
As a Texas resident, Come and Take It etc. etc.
2012-11-14, 11:50 AM #13
If Texas secedes then the Republicans will never win another presidential election ever again. (This might be a possibility regardless.)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2012-11-14, 12:54 PM #14
Originally posted by Freelancer:
If Texas secedes then the Republicans will never win another presidential election ever again. (This might be a possibility regardless.)

God willing.

Outside of sub-saharan africa it's pretty hard to find a country with more labor supply volatility than a Republican-"led" America.

↑ Up to the top!