Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Django Unchained
Django Unchained
2012-12-29, 9:22 AM #1
The d is silent, hillbilly.

Discuss.
>>untie shoes
2012-12-29, 9:28 AM #2
I wish the film was about Django Reinhardt escaping from a ... tricky situation.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-12-29, 10:34 AM #3
Pyramid is better.
2012-12-29, 11:48 AM #4
I consider myself a Tarantino fan. I've seen Death Proof about 4 times in the theater, and there seriously isn't a single movie he directed that I didn't enjoy. Unfortunately, it's only out in Hungary the second week of January (this silly country doesn't like making money fast), so going to go see it then. Looking forward to it.
幻術
2012-12-29, 1:17 PM #5
So Tarantino put himself into his movie again. Does he come across as a little awkward this time around?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2012-12-29, 7:17 PM #6
tarantino's acting was bad but he blew himself up so whatever

it was an alright movie, was just a cheesy action movie with a few spoonfuls of tarantino thrown in

it's worth a view but it's forgettable
2012-12-29, 9:57 PM #7
It's worth watching as a Tarantino movie and for Waltz, DiCaprio, and Jackson. Jamie Foxx is pretty forgettable though. I think the movie kind of goes downhill once Schultz dies (but holy **** what a tense scene) , but I suppose it is when Django truly becomes "unchained" .

Inglourious Basterds is still probably my favorite Tarantino movie.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2012-12-29, 11:56 PM #8
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:

Eh, I thought it was way too slow. Always been a Reservoir Dogs man myself.

I'm looking forward to Unchained as soon as my theater gets it, however.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2012-12-30, 12:21 AM #9
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
It's worth watching as a Tarantino movie and for Waltz, DiCaprio, and Jackson. Jamie Foxx is pretty forgettable though. I think the movie kind of goes downhill once Schultz dies (but holy **** what a tense scene) , but I suppose it is when Django truly becomes "unchained" .

I thought that was the most badass scene involving Dr King. See, for me, the ultimate tension in the film was created as soon as DiCaprio showed up. He's immediately so detestable that the tension doesn't come from wondering if they're going to get away with what they're doing, but wondering how long they can stand to be around the ******* before one of them decides to kill him. I thought it was fantastic that King was essentially a law abiding man throughout the movie. He would only kill someone if he had a warrant for them, but he also seems to have been a man of principle in the fact that when push came to shove, he was ok knowing that he was about to be killed, just so long as he killed Candie first.

His tone of voice when he says "I just couldn't resist" is amazing, too.

And oddly, I'm rather the opposite of you in regard to Jamie Foxx's acting. I thought he was incredible. His transition from completely submissive to the biggest badass south of the Mason Dixon line was flawless. By the end of the film he's a huge badass by even Tarantino standards.

I'm with Timewolf on Inglourious Basterds probably being his best movie, but Django Unchained is kinda the slavery equivalent of what I originally wanted Inglourious Basterds to be, so I'm not sure if I like it more because it appeals to my sensibilities or not.
>>untie shoes
2012-12-30, 4:09 PM #10
Just got back from seeing 'Django Unchained'. It was good but it never really reached great for me. I'm still going with 'Pulp Fiction' as my favorite Tarantino movie.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER

↑ Up to the top!