Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Star Trek
Star Trek
2013-01-12, 12:11 PM #1
Note: It appears that I didn't do the poll correctly. Feel free to simply choose your favourite &/or just type them in your response.

I watched every episode of every generation of Star Trek for the first time (minus the odd episode of the original series when I was a child & the animated series) in 2012. There's quite the catalogue & I didn't watch much else. I'm curious as to see how you folks would compare each generation. I'll start...

1. The Next Generation
  2. Deep Space Nine
  3. Enterprise
  4. Voyager
  5. The Original Series

I've seen most, if not all, of the movies but will probably work my way through them again this year just in case I missed something. I'm eager to see the new film as well.
? :)
2013-01-12, 12:23 PM #2
Now, I really have 0.5% experience with Star Trek so I'll go with TNG.

After all

Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-01-12, 12:25 PM #3
I have the same list:
The Next Generation
Deep Space Nine
Enterprise
Voyager
The Original Series

DS9 is actually pretty close to TNG (and would beat it if not for a few factors), and Voyager is close to Enterprise (and no, I don't think either of them are super-terrible, though the Doctor does pit Voyager higher than it otherwise would be). TOS really is hard for me to place objectively since it was the first and could be considered the top on principle. Out of pure entertainment value, though, TOS had to go to the bottom, though I still wouldn't put it far behind.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2013-01-12, 12:34 PM #4
hmm...
I think I'd have to say
DS9
TNG
Voy
TOS
Ent

DS9 is by far my favorite. Voyager and TOS are really close. I think I enjoy them both quite well. Enterprise never really got me interested. there were parts I enjoyed but overall it was forgettable for me.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2013-01-12, 2:59 PM #5
Growing up on TNG puts it closest to my heart. DS9 is a close second.
Enterprise probably beats Voyager, and TOS is last for me.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2013-01-12, 8:20 PM #6
IMO TOS is pretty funny at times, although probably unintentionally.

TNG was boss. "The Best of Both Worlds" was rather scary for me as a young child.

I was never interested in DS9 or Voyager, and I couldn't take Enterprise too seriously since I thought I'd "outgrown" sci-fi shows and liked to play conservative by scoffing at CGI / revisionism.

But anyway, as a kid the whole Star Trek / Star Wars thing was always like N'sync / Backstreet Boys, and you know I'd already picked my allegiance. Dark Troopers are cooler than Borg!
2013-01-12, 8:36 PM #7
TNG and DS9 are very close, but I would have to go with TNG as my favorite. TOS and Voyager kind of fall equally in third place. I never saw more than one episode of Enterprise, so it doesn't even get a place on my list!
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2013-01-12, 11:45 PM #8
Star Trek
2013-01-13, 3:46 AM #9
probably TNG as #1 then DS9 in a very close second. voyager was not bad, but never really cared for the original series at all. never watched any of Enterprise so i dont think i can fairly rate it.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-01-13, 4:11 AM #10
TNG
Voyager
DS9
TOS
Enterprise

For long stretches I found DS9 to be boring, but then once in a bluemoon they would throw a truly great episode or two into the mix. I still can't say I've seen ever episode of Enterprise, so I might be missing some good stuff there.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-01-13, 4:12 AM #11
I thought that TNG had the most entertaining & memorable characters. I think that DS9 had fewer great characters & that Sisko was a terrible actor throughout (the other actors made up for it). I enjoyed the show more once Worf came aboard & thought that the Ferengi stole the show (they're hilarious). Enterprise started off slow & while it wasn't as entertaining in the same way as TNG or DS9 & the characters had fewer dimensions--it was fresh & interesting. I enjoyed Voyager (the concept alone was good), despite Janeway (she was hit or miss for me) & thought that the rest of the characters were great. Honestly, Enterprise & Voyager are probably a tie--I just needed to choose one to make things less complicated in the poll (which didn't work anyways). TOS, while entertaining, seems a bit dated (for me, it doesn't seem as timeless as the original Star Wars trilogy)--even silly & was painful to watch at times. Keep in mind that I didn't grow up with Star Trek (or Star Wars) & am watching much of this for the first time as an adult.
2013-01-13, 5:05 AM #12
TNG / Voyager are probably my top two, but that's what you get, being a 90's kid.
Haven't seen much of TOS, aside from the movies.
I never caught much of DS9, but the whole ****'S ****ED concept does intrigue me. I should get on that.
I never watched Enterprise; it just seemed like beating a dead horse to me.

As far as the movies: The Voyage Home, First Contact, Generations (which now my jaded and cynical mind recognizes as an excuse to finally kill Kirk, but what can you do?)

Originally posted by Gebohq:
the Doctor does pit Voyager higher than it otherwise would be

You forgot Jeri Ryan's boobs :v:
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2013-01-13, 6:08 AM #13
Voyager was a bit more light-hearted than the rest, it both amused and entertained, and I liked almost all the characters. So Voyager gets top billing from me, something that seems to enrage most star trek fans but oh well.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2013-01-13, 7:57 AM #14
In Enterprise all the characters sucked except for Dr. Flox (sp?). In Voyager, all the characters sucked (though to a far smaller degree) except for the EMH.
2013-01-13, 1:21 PM #15
Originally posted by saberopus:
In Enterprise all the characters sucked except for Dr. Flox (sp?).

Agreed--he was easily my favorite character.
2013-01-13, 6:10 PM #16
1. The Next Generation
2. Voyager
3. Original Series
4. DS9

I have not watched Enterprise or the Animates Series, so I have no basis of opinion on those two other than I never had any belief that they would be any good.
2013-01-14, 1:32 AM #17
1. The Next Generation
2. Voyager
3. Original Series
4. DS9

I have never really watched Enterprise or even heard of the Animated Series.
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2013-01-14, 8:12 AM #18
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
IMO TOS is pretty funny at times, although probably unintentionally.

TNG was boss. "The Best of Both Worlds" was rather scary for me as a young child.

I was never interested in DS9 or Voyager, and I couldn't take Enterprise too seriously since I thought I'd "outgrown" sci-fi shows and liked to play conservative by scoffing at CGI / revisionism.

But anyway, as a kid the whole Star Trek / Star Wars thing was always like N'sync / Backstreet Boys, and you know I'd already picked my allegiance. Dark Troopers are cooler than Borg!

Man, N'Sync were prettier, but the Backstreet Boys had Everybody.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!