Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy...
Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy...
2013-01-16, 9:13 PM #1
Which one should i shell out 10$ for. It is going to be primarily for editing. I OWN both games already, but my JO cd is scratched beyond use (it wont even read it to install the files.) and I only have CD #1 for JA. or does anyone know a work around for installing JA without the second CD?
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-01-16, 9:38 PM #2
anybody at all???
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-01-16, 9:39 PM #3
Why not buy a modern game that is suited for editing?
>>untie shoes
2013-01-16, 9:42 PM #4
because i am lazy :( and i will be gone for almost a year starting mid-march. and my current computer will barely run the likes of the force unleashed at a decent framerate.
2013-01-16, 9:52 PM #5
Check out UDK. It's free and entirely for editing. You'd need to learn UnrealScript to do more advanced things, but it comes with basic FPS scripts.
2013-01-16, 9:58 PM #6
Yeah! Ideally UDK is what i want to use, its capable of some awesome stuff! I've had it for a month or so now, but every time i try and use it something makes it crash after 5-6 minutes. not sure if its just my crappy computer or what.
2013-01-17, 9:20 AM #7
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
because i am lazy :( and i will be gone for almost a year starting mid-march. and my current computer will barely run the likes of the force unleashed at a decent framerate.

Force Unleashed was a such a crappy port.

JA is better than JO for editing, but really, if you have the time to invest I suggest looking into Unreal Engine editing.

JA (if for SP) has limitations that might strike you as frustrating, coming from playing modern games. Making terrains or using scripting in JA makes my blood boil.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-01-17, 9:21 AM #8
http://www.moddb.com/games/movie-battles-iii
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-01-17, 11:04 AM #9
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
JA is better than JO for editing, but really, if you have the time to invest I suggest looking into Unreal Engine editing.

Yeah, I have two things working against UDK (unreal engine) right now. A. my computer like to crash the editor every 5 minutes or so for some reason O.o
and B. I am leaving for Navy basic training in mid March and wont really have access to my computer for almost a year so i kind of want to noodle with something i have used before. otherwise i would definitely use Unreal.

Also Fastgamerr... that is awesome!!!
2013-01-17, 11:58 AM #10
Geez, what's with Massassians and seamen!
2013-01-17, 11:58 AM #11
You should probably focus on something that will keep you out of the barracks at MOS (or whatever you weird little squids call it) school. If you are in your room on a laptop making lightsabers look like dicks you're going to end up getting ****faced with other sailors and before you know it you will be doing blow in the back of the tattoo shop outside the back gate and there will be a dead hooker in your seabag.

I'm only warning you once.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2013-01-17, 12:28 PM #12
hmmm... fair enough. point taken.
2013-01-18, 3:22 AM #13
why not both they're ten dollars.
if you're so bad off you can't afford two ten dollar video games, you probably shouldn't be buying ten dollar video games.
also maybe try not playing video games when you go off to do something important, like the ****ing navy?
2013-01-18, 9:52 PM #14
alright Tibby. Sit the **** down. Fisrt: I pretty clearly stated in my original post that i am basically (granted i did say "primarily") only using it for editing. i simply don't need or really even want both games. Second: I also made it pretty clear that i would only be noodling around with said editing UNTIL I go to basic training. I am not going to be playing video games when i am off in the navy (If that is what you were implying? it was a little unclear.) Third: I have two responsibilities right now until I leave A. Don't get in any legal trouble. B. Stay in decent shape. I am fulfilling both of those gloriously. So go huffle at someone else about not playing video games.
2013-01-19, 12:41 AM #15
/huffle
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2013-01-19, 1:06 AM #16
So just pirate them then, who cares?
2013-01-19, 4:44 AM #17
Eurgh, I'm totally the last person editing JK aren't I...
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2013-01-19, 7:44 AM #18
JA.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2013-01-19, 7:50 AM #19
Originally posted by Goit:

You are the strong one. As others fell, you remained.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-01-19, 8:08 AM #20

Not really.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2013-01-19, 10:06 AM #21
gbk does this mean you are making ode to suzanne 2: ode to diane?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2013-01-19, 10:13 AM #22
it means that i have unfinished projects... i never consider a project cancelled and i plan to finish them all

while it's possible they may never be finished the are never cancelled so i am still editing JK... and Q3, JO, JA, EF, DF, Outlaws, and DN3D

wait no.. i never actually started a DN3D project... i only dicked about with the editor
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2013-01-19, 1:40 PM #23
lol, don't worry goit. I still have at least one JK project I AM going to finish. ...I hope.
2013-01-20, 3:02 PM #24
you better! :)
2013-01-20, 9:22 PM #25

'tis a shame your (top notch) JK editing was made redundant by the JK project to end all JK projects or prove him wrong!
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2013-01-20, 9:34 PM #26
The last, the best.
2013-01-21, 1:08 AM #27
Originally posted by Krokodile:
'tis a shame your (top notch) JK editing was made redundant by the JK project to end all JK projects or prove him wrong!

But he already proved me wrong 10 days later. Kroko, buy a calendar for AKPiggott's sake! SHEESH

Yes, in this context (among the many) AKPiggott = God
2013-01-21, 4:06 AM #28
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Geez, what's with Massassians and seamen!

This is just begging for a bad pun. I'll let someone else take it >.>

Anyhow, re: UDK, I've been considering trying to tinker with it. I only have very limited modding experience though, mostly with Skyrim (for which I first learned scripting), so I dunno. I've also heard that Crytek is very good.

Thoughts?
2013-01-21, 10:47 AM #29
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
But he already proved me wrong 10 days later. Kroko, buy a calendar for AKPiggott's sake! SHEESH

Yes, in this context (among the many) AKPiggott = God

I have a character called Piggott in the latest Magrucko, and so far it's looking as if Cool Matty is going to voice him. How's that for random?

I'm also going to make references to TODOA because I think it'll be rude not to :D
2013-01-21, 11:50 AM #30
I'm going to buy you one or the other on steam next time I get paid.
Someone else buy the other one.
2013-01-21, 2:20 PM #31
oh yeah, goit, I guess I should get on that this week >.>

Been sorta extremely busy with the AGDQ marathon and not dying.
2013-01-21, 3:36 PM #32
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
oh yeah, goit, I guess I should get on that this week >.>

Been sorta extremely busy with the AGDQ marathon and not dying.

I'll pm you the lines when they're ready matey, so no rush - it may be a short while yet. I kept re-doing the cutscenes...
2013-01-21, 3:43 PM #33
Originally posted by Tibby:
I'm going to buy you one or the other on steam next time I get paid.
Someone else buy the other one.

Much appreciated Tibby, but i just bought JA last night.

On that note... getting custom models to display textures in game(or even in engine for that matter) was quite an adventure!
2013-01-21, 3:46 PM #34
Then I guess I'll buy you JO then, navy man deserves him video games.
2013-01-21, 3:46 PM #35
Also please push sarn off the ship when you get there.

↑ Up to the top!