Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Sweet caffeine
Sweet caffeine
2013-01-29, 7:08 AM #1
2013-01-29, 9:23 AM #2
actually caffeine is very bitter
2013-01-29, 9:25 AM #3
2013-01-29, 9:57 AM #4
I used to drink coffee, but coffee is bad for my GERD (it's not the caffeine but other components of coffee) so I drink either tea or, usually, take 200mg caffeine pills 1-2 times a day. Good stuff.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2013-01-29, 10:10 AM #5
2013-01-29, 11:10 AM #6
Before I left the U.S. I had become quite fond of the Ethiopian coffee beans & Genmaicha Green Tea that these folks were selling. However, as of late, I've been using these barely decent coffee beans that my mother-in-law gave us before she moved, espresso when I'm working or out &...http://youtu.be/R2IJdfxWtPM. I typically take 1 sugar with my coffee (though I'm transitioning to black) & honey with my tea.
? :)
2013-01-29, 2:00 PM #7
Originally posted by Emon:
I used to drink coffee, but coffee is bad for my GERD (it's not the caffeine but other components of coffee) so I drink either tea or, usually, take 200mg caffeine pills 1-2 times a day. Good stuff.

Caffeine pills give me terrible wind.
nope.
2013-01-29, 4:44 PM #8
2013-01-29, 6:15 PM #9
no thanks, i drink my drugs
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2013-01-29, 8:04 PM #10
Originally posted by Reid:
What sort of tea?

My addiction is Twinings English Breakfast tea

Any number of things from Adagio.com, or a local tea market, which is of similarly excellent quality but often has a wider variety of choices. Or rather, stocks a selection of more boutique varieties.

Originally posted by Baconfish:
Caffeine pills give me terrible wind.

Try another brand, you might have trouble digesting some of the filler or something.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2013-01-30, 3:45 AM #11
mountain dew woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2013-01-30, 4:57 AM #12
Cafe bustello all the way
2013-01-30, 8:35 AM #13
I get Pepsi Max and regular Coca-Cola for my caffeine needs. Figured out that if aspartame's going to be the cause of my death of all things possible, fine.

Yet I still haven't figured out why I started losing weight in spring 2011 after eating the heftiest burgers at McDonalds twice a week for 2 months. Maybe the (still ongoing) process will reverse once I return to work in June (even if I was working full-time at the time). Oh the choicessibilities!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-01-30, 1:34 PM #14
Gave up caffeine two weeks ago. Had a headache that lasted for almost two days, but I have felt fine ever since.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2013-01-30, 1:57 PM #15
Originally posted by Emon:
Any number of things from Adagio.com, or a local tea market, which is of similarly excellent quality but often has a wider variety of choices. Or rather, stocks a selection of more boutique varieties.

Try another brand, you might have trouble digesting some of the filler or something.

I don't think so, it happens when I drink too much caffeine too.
nope.
2013-01-30, 11:36 PM #16
I dont drink caffeine because it takes me down off my cocaine buzz.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2013-01-31, 3:23 AM #17
2013-01-31, 10:11 AM #18
actually caffeine should reinforce it

Lol... True. Actually, the caffeine molecule is going to be the first tattoo I get. Been thinking about it for a while. Pretty much everyone that knows me knows my obsession with coffee.
"Hello one day ban." ~ Baconfish
>Liberius when he's not on Massassi<
2013-01-31, 10:20 AM #19
I do have to admit that there's really nothing like piping hot coffee in the morning.

I mean, I've tried other enemas.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-01-31, 5:05 PM #20
I don't drink coffee. I've never noticed any effect. I used to get coffee while I was life guarding out of sheer boredom, but it seemed like, if anything, it just made me sleepy.
2013-02-04, 10:51 PM #21
I always have 2 cups every morning.

Does this make me special?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-02-05, 5:37 AM #22
2013-02-05, 10:59 AM #23
I generally drink about 12 cups of coffee every day. I buy the Starbucks French Roast to brew at home because it's like rocket fuel.

If I didn't get much sleep, I supplement that with a Rockstar or two.

My heart is going to explode before I'm 30.
>>untie shoes
2013-02-05, 1:19 PM #24
I only drink about 2-3 cups of coffee a week. I used to drink 1-2 cups every morning, but it never really helped wake me up at all and just kind of made me fidgety... so then i was all twitchy and sleepy at the same time. pretty sure i looked like some sort of crack head.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-02-05, 7:00 PM #25
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
I don't drink coffee. I've never noticed any effect. I used to get coffee while I was life guarding out of sheer boredom, but it seemed like, if anything, it just made me sleepy.

Your entire existence is pain.
2013-02-05, 9:42 PM #26
Originally posted by Antony:
I generally drink about 12 cups of coffee every day. I buy the Starbucks French Roast to brew at home because it's like rocket fuel.

12 cups, damn. Are you at least productive?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-02-05, 9:44 PM #27
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
12 cups, damn. Are you at least productive?

I go to work generally with a hell of a lot of energy and enthusiasm. I generally outsell everyone I work with, so yeah you could say I'm productive.
>>untie shoes
2013-02-06, 6:44 AM #28
I work for Starbucks and Coca-Cola. Though I don't normally drink more than 2 caffeinated drinks a day.
I'm drinking a wonderful cup of french pressed Anniversary Blend. yummmy

*edit
By the way, Antony, the process of roasting the bean acctually removes caffeine. So roasts like French, italian and sumatra are going to have less caffeine than the lighter blond roasts. Of course it's not a huge difference just a few mg. But I figure you might want to know.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2013-02-06, 8:16 AM #29
Sumatra is not a roast level, it's an island in Indonesia. Also charbucks is awful.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2013-02-06, 8:16 AM #30
2013-02-06, 11:16 AM #31
Originally posted by llibja:
Sumatra is not a roast level, it's an island in Indonesia. Also charbucks is awful.

Sumatra is also a flavor of starbucks coffee. Named so because of beans being grown in that region. The 'roast level' would be bold or dark. atleast for the sumarta flavor.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2013-02-06, 11:28 AM #32
that's pretty damn edgy

Meh. I've always believed tattoos should be about something meaningful in your life. I didn't want just a tattoo of a cup of coffee, a bean, or just the word. I like the way that it looks so I decided on the molecule.

Originally posted by djwguitarman:
By the way, Antony, the process of roasting the bean acctually removes caffeine. So roasts like French, italian and sumatra are going to have less caffeine than the lighter blond roasts. Of course it's not a huge difference just a few mg. But I figure you might want to know.

Thanks for pointing that out. Anytime I mention it people just look at me like I'm crazy. Just like when I say that, unless you're having more that one (maybe two depending where you get it), take a cup of coffee over an espresso if you want some energy.

True: Espresso has a more concentrated dose of caffeine. However, the typical serving size is much smaller. The amount of caffeine in that small espresso cup is actually less than that of a decent 7oz cup of coffee. It might wake you up slightly quicker, but it's not going to keep you up or keep you going.
"Hello one day ban." ~ Baconfish
>Liberius when he's not on Massassi<
2013-02-06, 11:33 AM #33
It's too bad caffeine doesn't have any stereoisomers, because if it did and I were a tattoo artist I'd totally do the stereoisomer instead just to see how many people caught on
2013-02-06, 12:32 PM #34
Originally posted by djwguitarman:
Sumatra is also a flavor of starbucks coffee. Named so because of beans being grown in that region. The 'roast level' would be bold or dark. atleast for the sumarta flavor.

I know, it's among my favorite coffees and not at all exclusive to Starbucks :). And Sumatra's don't necessarily have to be roasted dark, I like to take mine to a "city" to "full city" level (medium). I find this keeps a lot of the fruity/chocolatey notes up front but keeps the earthy aftertaste the region is known for.
2013-02-06, 2:50 PM #35
Originally posted by llibja:
I know, it's among my favorite coffees and not at all exclusive to Starbucks :). And Sumatra's don't necessarily have to be roasted dark, I like to take mine to a "city" to "full city" level (medium). I find this keeps a lot of the fruity/chocolatey notes up front but keeps the earthy aftertaste the region is known for.

oh nice. what brand of it do you normally get?
2013-02-06, 5:11 PM #36
I buy green coffee from http://www.sweetmarias.com and roast at home with a hot air popper. I'll roast half a pound usually every Saturday morning to last me 7 days. At 5-7 bucks a pound for unroasted coffee, this is a pretty good way to save money and have really good coffee.

Sweet Maria's is also a great resource for home roasting and pretty much anything coffee related.

↑ Up to the top!