Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → noodling with JA
noodling with JA
2013-02-04, 5:59 PM #1
just making a few little modular assets for Jedi Academy.
Still need to work on my lighting a LOT... maybe change some stuff with the actual models too...

Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-02-05, 6:47 AM #2
So you modeled and textured them, I gather? Nice work! I like your color choices.
2013-02-05, 9:36 AM #3
mmmhmm. that is correct! and thank you :)

anyone know about .md3 models and lighting in JA? i am getting a lot of hard lines where i had thought there would not be any...
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-02-07, 9:04 AM #4
Models are vertex lit. You can lightmap them if you set the right properties on them, or maybe via the command line. I don't remember how.
2013-02-07, 4:40 PM #5
AHHA!!! thanks JM. went back and tweaked the models a bit so they don't have those long straight lines in bad places to cause shadows!
2013-02-11, 3:09 PM #6
second question... I would like to make it so the windows emit a glow, does anyone know how to attach a .shader file to an Md3??

here is the text for the shader:

models\map_objects\NarDiner\doorunit
{
q3map_nolightmap
{
models\map_objects\NarDiner\doorunit.jpg
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ZERO
rgbGen lightingDiffuse
}
{
models\map_objects\NarDiner\doorunitGlow.jpg
blendFunc GL_ONE GL_ONE
glow
}
}

This is copied from one of the other models (the bespin streetlamp) and i just replaced the model and texture paths. so far i have tried saving it as its own .shader file and placing it in the same folder as the model, then tried placing it in the "shaders" file folder, then even tried pasting onto the end of the existing models.shader file. no luck so far.

↑ Up to the top!