Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Just finished Tomb Raider
Just finished Tomb Raider
2013-03-10, 6:13 PM #1
And I will tell you that it is the best action adventure game I have played since Max Payne 3. From the moment it starts until the moment it ends, the game's a remarkably cinematic adventure.

Great music, good writing (though I tend to like the games Rhianna Pratchett worked on storytelling-wise, and not just because of her dad), a well-done score, and fantastically well-executed pacing as well as exciting combat mechanics? What's not to like?

Closer towards the game's climax I was thinking how the heck are they going to top all this in the sequel?

So, yeah. Check it out.
幻術
2013-03-10, 7:06 PM #2
Wow thanks for the review, I'll pick it up when it goes on sale. The Tomb Raider series has bored me for a while now, so I wasnt even following the development of this latest one.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-03-11, 6:28 AM #3
Hey there. Well, I'd hardly call the above a review haha, but, yeah, it's a very enjoyable game. I was never too much into the Tomb Raider games in the first place myself, this is literally the first one I've ever completed... It's not particularly long, maybe 10-15 hours (if you aren't planning on getting every secret tomb and finding / building all weapons and so forth), but I was playing non-stop for the entire weekend pretty much.
幻術
2013-03-11, 6:59 AM #4
I have never played Tomb Raider. I've seen the movie (which was reasonably enjoyable), and bits and pieces of the second one though.
2013-03-11, 7:50 AM #5
I wonder if it has DRM.
>>untie shoes
2013-03-11, 7:54 AM #6
Nope (well, outside of normal Steam DRM). It does, however, have horrible crashing issues on Nvidia cards right now. Nvidia says they didn't get the final build of the game till a couple of days before release, so they're still working on drivers to smooth it all out.

So yeah, as of right now it seems like it could be fun, but I haven't gotten very far...
2013-03-11, 8:56 AM #7
I have a Radeon card, saw a couple of random glitches and had to restart the game once during the entire playthrough, but worked pretty smoothly for me otherwise. Didn't know about the Nvidia problems, sucks, usually it's the other way around (ATI not working), so I guess I was lucky in that regard.
幻術
2013-03-11, 11:38 PM #8
I'd really like an actual Tomb Raider game, again. I loved the acrobatic jumps you could do with her, and sometimes had to in order to solve puzzles in the room. I remember some trap levels being absolutely insane. The new one looks cool, it just doesn't look anything like what I loved about old tomb raider games.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2013-03-13, 7:04 AM #9
I just finished this game about an hour ago.
Loved it.
I love how they focused on the story line but without making the gameplay feel jammed in, and vice versa!
It seems to be a new (and awesome) trend. I find myself comparing it with Max Payne 3 and Far Cry 3. All of them, I feel, told their stories well.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2013-03-13, 9:25 AM #10
I feel like her breasts aren't big enough.
>>untie shoes
2013-03-13, 11:19 AM #11
They're just perfect. Breasts > udders IMO. She looks more like a person and less like an inflatable doll.
幻術
2013-03-13, 11:38 AM #12
If you can't lock the butler in a freezer in this game, well, I'm still not gonna play it.

The first game was quite fun back in the day, almost beat the second and third ones as well. Times!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-03-13, 7:27 PM #13
Originally posted by Koobie:
They're just perfect. Breasts > udders IMO. She looks more like a person and less like an inflatable doll.

Yes, but I am a big fan of women with cartoonishly large breasts. Many people in this community have seen the woman I date, so this is obvious.
>>untie shoes
2013-03-13, 8:49 PM #14
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
If you can't lock the butler in a freezer in this game, well, I'm still not gonna play it.!

This is a reboot, she doesn't have a butler yet =p
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2013-03-14, 12:07 AM #15
OUTRAGE. SHOCK and OUTRAGE.
2013-03-14, 5:34 AM #16
Originally posted by Antony:
Yes, but I am a big fan of women with cartoonishly large breasts. Many people in this community have seen the woman I date, so this is obvious.

But has the woman you date seen the people you commute with? (.)(.) or it didn't happen.
幻術
2013-03-14, 9:58 PM #17
Originally posted by Koobie:
But has the woman you date seen the people you commute with? (.)(.) or it didn't happen.

Mine are bigger. . .
( . Y . )
My blawgh.
2013-03-15, 7:25 AM #18
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
Mine are bigger. . .
( . Y . )

Yes, because a debate on "whose is bigger" is EXACTLY what this forum needs. :rolleyes:
2013-03-15, 7:29 AM #19
Don't worry, Al Ciaobert, I've always been modestly endowed.

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/zmonks/zmonks_FGRcrack_zps80902f3e.jpg]
2013-03-15, 12:05 PM #20
:huh:
2013-03-16, 3:58 PM #21
Yay, beta Nvidia drivers that came out yesterday seem to have cleared up all of my crashing issues.

↑ Up to the top!