Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Stuck in The Last Mercenary fan mission
Stuck in The Last Mercenary fan mission
2013-04-07, 5:15 AM #1
Hey there, on occasion of LucasArts' demise I got out JK again, but it was a tiny bit boring because I know the game so well. So I went looking for fan missions and found The Lost Mercenary, which looks great and the gameplay has also been nice so far. Better than many original levels even. However now I'm stuck.
I killed everyone in the prison level where I started, opened all the doors, got the missile launcher and jumped back through the hole that one trooper had shot into an elevator shaft.
Now it looks like I need to find a way down, but I can't find it.
Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/3125.shtml
2013-04-07, 8:56 AM #2
You need to blow up a garbage chute vent.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-04-07, 9:32 AM #3
Ha! Thanks a lot. I might have run past that vent a few dozen more times without noticing it...
2013-04-07, 2:40 PM #4
So, um, does this really just end with Jerec laughing evilish as soon as I get close to the shuttle in the big hangar?
I mean it was great and I can imagine a lot of work went into this. But so far it's just a prison breakout and that doesn't really connect with the description: "A group of Dark Jedi is assembling an army from the remnants of the fallen Galactic Empire." I never got to meet any Jedi.
Maybe this is some misconfiguration on my side? I just threw elmo_tlm.gob into my Episode folder and started a new game selecting "The Lost Mercenary" episode. Anything I missed?
When I came close to that shuttle I saw a short cutscene of Jerec laughing and then the credits rolled. Apparently those of JK, not of the mission maker.
2013-04-07, 5:07 PM #5
I'm sorry I can't really help you with the cutscene question, but since you're enjoying JK single player again, I have to ask: have you played TODOA by FastGamerr? If not, you owe it to yourself to give that one a go...it's perhaps the best JK SP campaign ever released, even better than the ones by Goit, who is another quality "modern era" JK editor.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2013-04-07, 9:40 PM #6
Goddammit, Krokodile.

@Kolya That's exactly how it's supposed to end. It could have had more stuff in it...

... but alas, 'twas not meant to be.
2013-04-08, 1:17 AM #7
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
You need to blow up a garbage chute vent.

It's like he's never even seen Star Wars.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2013-04-08, 2:18 AM #8
Hehe, I noticed the prison being similar to the one in ANH right at the start, but then it went off in a different direction, so I didn't think about the chute anymore.
Speaking of which: Why would an imperial ship even bother with compacting their trash instead of just blowing the **** into space? Different story.

Thanks FastGamerr. And krokodile: I've started TODOA since and while I'm not very far into it (I just arrived at some black door that's been fortified with some stuff, the ingame messages inform me.) and of course it's fun to play Vader, who apparently holds his breath until he dies, but I'm not fully convinced by this mission. The texture work seems to be a bit all over the place unlike Lost Mercenary which had exceptionally well done and atmospheric texturing.
2013-04-08, 4:50 PM #9
So you can store more if it before blowing it into space.
The real question is what in the hell was that destroyer in ESB blowing into space, it had half a goddamn frigate in there for some reason.
2013-04-09, 9:32 AM #10
Originally posted by Kolya:
Hehe, I noticed the prison being similar to the one in ANH right at the start, but then it went off in a different direction, so I didn't think about the chute anymore.
Speaking of which: Why would an imperial ship even bother with compacting their trash instead of just blowing the **** into space? Different story.

Probably for the same reason we don't do it anymore here IRL. That **** stays there, and tiny particles moving at high speeds are dangerous as hell. The orbit around Earth is already getting pretty scary with debris, which is why NASA is trying to come up with some sort of cleanup system (especially for dead satellites).
2013-04-10, 12:03 AM #11
Originally posted by Kolya:

Thanks FastGamerr. And krokodile: I've started TODOA since and while I'm not very far into it (I just arrived at some black door that's been fortified with some stuff, the ingame messages inform me.) and of course it's fun to play Vader, who apparently holds his breath until he dies, but I'm not fully convinced by this mission. The texture work seems to be a bit all over the place unlike Lost Mercenary which had exceptionally well done and atmospheric texturing.

Huh. Didn't think anyone would be put off by the texturing. Oh well.
2013-04-10, 12:14 AM #12
YOUR FAILURE IS NOW COMPLETE
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2013-04-13, 5:46 PM #13
Well the cats out of the bag... we all only liked TODOA because there was nothing else anymore.
2013-04-13, 11:37 PM #14
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/fgrsad.png]
2013-04-14, 1:54 AM #15
Originally posted by JM:
Well the cats out of the bag... we all only liked TODOA because there was nothing else anymore.

Speak for yourself, I thought it was gay.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2013-04-14, 2:59 AM #16
[https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15991411/mp3/Bandwidth/vil4.png]

↑ Up to the top!