Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Boston Bombings
Boston Bombings
2013-04-15, 5:48 PM #1
Looks like a couple IEDs set off in the middle of crowds at the Boston Marathon finish line. 2 killed and supposedly around 100 injured. Feel free to Google for more news and/or graphic images.
2013-04-15, 6:10 PM #2
What a troglodyte the perpetrator must be. Idiotic message (April 15, tax day), cowardly venue (some of our more distinguished civilians (athletes, family, spectators)).

Even that monster Timothy McVeigh bothered to attack those belonging to the party he was supposedly retaliating against. Bombing the Boston Marathon because you don't like the 16th Amendment? That's even sadder than suicide bombers in the Middle East who blow themselves in town for religious reasons.

My heart goes out to the families, friends, and locals.
2013-04-15, 6:42 PM #3
What gets me the most is that one of the two dead is an 8 year old boy.

AND the Westboro baptist church wants to protest his funeral. People astound me.
DO NOT WANT.
2013-04-15, 6:54 PM #4
Originally posted by Zell:
What gets me the most is that one of the two dead is an 8 year old boy.

AND the Westboro baptist church wants to protest his funeral. People astound me.

The Westboro Baptist Church bothered me a lot less once I realized that no thought goes into those decisions. They might as well be a robot programmed to protest at any funeral where a protest will produce outrage.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2013-04-15, 6:59 PM #5
nm
2013-04-15, 8:14 PM #6
I'm going to leave instructions such that if Westboro protest's my funeral, I'll oblige them by having someone drop my bloated, stinking corpse on their lawn.
2013-04-15, 8:24 PM #7
Originally posted by Zell:

Silly Zell, those aren't people
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2013-04-15, 8:26 PM #8
:downs:
DO NOT WANT.
2013-04-15, 8:47 PM #9
2013-04-15, 11:53 PM #10
Just horrible.

Also puts this event into a darker retrospective: http://t.co/J8LGap5g3U Even darker if you know how Mooninites operate.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-04-16, 12:49 AM #11
liveleak.com has all the footage
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2013-04-16, 5:11 AM #12
JoNes, where are you getting your info? That's speculation completely on your part as far as I know now unless I've missed something.

Yea, I know some people that were literally right there when it happened. ****ed up ****.
2013-04-16, 7:01 AM #13
You're right, it was speculation; sorry.
2013-04-16, 7:48 AM #14
Yeah, pretty ****ty news tbh. Sucks. Hope they catch whoever did this.
幻術
2013-04-16, 4:16 PM #15
2013-04-19, 6:28 PM #16
Well, they've caught the remaining suspect, which means CNN's long national ****show is finally over.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2013-04-19, 7:38 PM #17
Nah, they'll milk it for a while longer before latching on to something else.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2013-04-19, 7:46 PM #18
Maybe there will be another bunch of gang rapists CNN can be apologists for.
2013-04-19, 8:39 PM #19
These guys seem pretty dim to me. They didn't even leave the area after committing the crime!

The FBI, amazingly, was told for whom/where to look in security camera footage by a guy who was unfortunate enough to be standing next to a bomb when it went off (his legs were shattered, and life probably saved by the man who applied a tourniquet). As soon as the FBI released the suspects' photos, it seems these idiots panicked, beginning with the execution of a police officer. At that point it was only a matter of time. Had they fled the state immediately after the crime, they most certainly would have gotten away.

Edit: Thinking about it, it seems they probably didn't want to get away. I believe they were the possession of several more bombs. It's probably also not a coincidence that they were at MIT when they killed the officer (i.e., it was their next intended target).
2013-04-19, 10:39 PM #20
The thought of a bomb going off at MIT scares the **** out of me.

Also, the MIT cop that was killed graduated from my girlfriend's high school only a few years ahead of her. She's practically ****ting herself from fear now. .(
DO NOT WANT.
2013-04-20, 1:01 AM #21
2013-04-20, 7:18 AM #22
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
As soon as the FBI released the suspects' photos, it seems these idiots panicked, beginning with the execution of a police officer. At that point it was only a matter of time. Had they fled the state immediately after the crime, they most certainly would have gotten away.

Edit: Thinking about it, it seems they probably didn't want to get away. I believe they were the possession of several more bombs. It's probably also not a coincidence that they were at MIT when they killed the officer (i.e., it was their next intended target).

You're a big fan of baseless speculation, aren't you?
>>untie shoes
2013-04-20, 7:40 AM #23
I guess they were CH-CH-CH-CHECHENS
Time may change me, but I can't trace time
2013-04-20, 10:01 AM #24
Originally posted by Antony:
You're a big fan of baseless speculation, aren't you?

They're not baseless. I plagiarized from Reddit and the media. It's not all speculation, either:

• They were known to be carrying more bombs when the chase began (and they attempted to use them -- including a suicide vest)
  • The time at which they killed the officer, just before the chase, was shortly after the release of their photos. He was shot while still sitting in his patrol car.
  • That the two had remained in Boston for even more than a day following the crime doesn't really seem to indicate a desire to escape with their lives

Did they intend to target MIT? This part might be a little baseless... but what were they doing there*?

Edit: *Okay, it looks like they lived down the street. Sorry.
2013-04-20, 11:37 AM #25
Never go full baseless?
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-04-20, 11:41 AM #26
Interesting reaction you had there, Tanko.
2013-04-20, 11:42 AM #27
Don't forget, my dear American friends, Chechens aren't terrorists, they're separatists. Heh.
幻術
2013-04-20, 11:53 AM #28
мочить в сортире?

Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObGJLfghNGI
2013-04-20, 12:04 PM #29
...in the same vein, there are already some Republican senators who want to label the suspect an "enemy combatant", presumably so they can w̶a̶t̶e̶r̶-̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶ interrogate him.
2013-04-20, 12:07 PM #30
Those wacky McCains, eh, murta?
2013-04-20, 12:32 PM #31
I'm not murta any more than I am FGR. You need a wave function collapse.

Didn't Mccain say we should waterboard Kerry? Beyond that, I think he's against it....
2013-04-20, 1:10 PM #32
Warlord_Zsinj here has a point. McCain tends to be against waterboarding due to his Vietnam flashbacks.

At any rate: thanks, Obama.

↑ Up to the top!