Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Doctor Who: Nightmare in Silver
Doctor Who: Nightmare in Silver
2013-05-13, 1:26 PM #1
I think it was a very good episode. Just what you'd want from Dr. Who.

Enjoyable well-paced story (with tons of tongue-in-cheek references from a few science fiction movies), good acting, especially by Matt Smith, Jason Watkins & some others.

So, to summarize, it might not be everybody's cup of tea, but I enjoyed it.
幻術
2013-05-14, 6:00 AM #2
Meh, I'd say it's one of the worse ones from this season.
nope.
2013-05-14, 9:33 AM #3
Yeah, I didn't like it.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2013-05-14, 8:38 PM #4
I love pulp fiction.
幻術
2013-05-14, 10:34 PM #5
The whole 2nd half of the season from the Xmas episode on has been very underwhelming.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2013-05-16, 9:12 AM #6
Yet still better than the first half.
nope.
2013-05-16, 9:55 AM #7
There's been parts that I've liked. None of the episodes have been all bad.
Nightmare in Silver's ending was a bit weak (feel free to substitute any other title from this season) but the general story was pretty good. The Porridge twist was kinda obvious going in. I did like him at the end, standing there all stoically. Very good way to finish the episode.

-That said, I think I'd like being emperor.
2013-05-16, 5:08 PM #8
I liked it mostly because of the acting and the quirks.

Also chess & Neil Gaiman.

The Crimson Horror before it was below average I'd say. This ep. allowed me to forgive that.
幻術
2013-05-18, 11:43 PM #9
did they reveal that his name is Dr. Who? yet
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-05-19, 6:56 PM #10
It's Doctor Please.

-Actually, no, they didn't reveal his name. Instead, the big secret was that not every incarnation he's had was named the Doctor, and the one who wasn't was John Hurt.
2013-05-19, 7:35 PM #11
I watched this show during the first season but haven't seen it since.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2013-05-19, 7:55 PM #12
Originally posted by Jarl:
It's Doctor Please.

-Actually, no, they didn't reveal his name. Instead, the big secret was that not every incarnation he's had was named the Doctor, and the one who wasn't was John Hurt.

The title card that came up with that information pisses me off so much. THANKS MOFFAT, WE NEEDED THAT SHOVED IN OUR STUPID FACES. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT CONTRADICTS WHAT YOU JUST SAID.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2013-05-19, 8:41 PM #13
Originally posted by genk:
The title card that came up with that information pisses me off so much. THANKS MOFFAT, WE NEEDED THAT SHOVED IN OUR STUPID FACES. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT CONTRADICTS WHAT YOU JUST SAID.

I totally agree on that being completely unnecessary. I was like. Um. Yes. It just introduced him. I know what he's supposed to be. And also, it is wrong.

On the plus side, John MF Hurt!
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2013-05-20, 7:21 AM #14
Why is it wrong? You can't just start calling him "Trevor" or something because he did something horrid.
nope.
2013-05-20, 9:19 AM #15
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Why is it wrong? You can't just start calling him "Trevor" or something because he did something horrid.

If they JUST SAID it was the Doctor who didn't take the name of the Doctor, why then put up text that names him as the Doctor?
Free Jin!
2013-05-20, 1:37 PM #16
So people don't get confused about the fact that it's still the same person. At least thats what i took away from it.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2013-05-20, 4:03 PM #17
Originally posted by genk:
If they JUST SAID it was the Doctor who didn't take the name of the Doctor, why then put up text that names him as the Doctor?

Did they say that? I understood it as he betrayed what the name stands for.
nope.
2013-05-21, 1:46 PM #18
I thought the last episode was brilliant. But then I would, wouldn't I?

Also, what Baconfish said.
幻術
2013-05-21, 2:33 PM #19
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Did they say that? I understood it as he betrayed what the name stands for.

You could take as it both viewpoints.They aren't that dissimilar in nature.
Free Jin!
2013-05-21, 5:10 PM #20
Well, one invalidates your argument so I'm going with that one. :P
nope.
2013-05-23, 12:38 AM #21
Dr. Simeon saying "For me, peace at last. For you, a world of hurt" suddenly becomes the biggest ******* of a pun ever developed.

-Also, a lot of stuff throughout the last few seasons makes more sense now. For example, his threatening to regenerate in Nightmare in Silver, now that we know he's got no buffer between himself and the Valeyard.

↑ Up to the top!