Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fast & Furious 6
Fast & Furious 6
2013-06-02, 3:00 PM #1
since nobody made a thread yet

I was going to see After Earth but too many people said to just wait to rent it...

I liked it a little more than Fast Five the badguy in this one has a bit of a Bond villain vibe going cars go fast, cars get wrecked, bad guy goes down... then they set us up for #7 (which will take place after Tokyo Drift) BTW if you haven't heard the setup for #7 involves Jason Statham as the badguy...
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2013-06-02, 3:15 PM #2
I still haven't seen any F&F movies. Should I?
2013-06-02, 4:18 PM #3
Originally posted by Dash_rendar:

I haven't seen F&F 6 or Tokyo Drift but out of what I have seen, The Original is still the best. And the others are fine as mindless action flicks.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-06-02, 4:43 PM #4
Is this one more or less ricey than previous incarnations?
2013-06-02, 4:57 PM #5
Originally posted by Darth:
Is this one more or less ricey than previous incarnations?

http://www.edmunds.com/fast-and-furious-cars/ i'd say yes
2013-06-02, 11:05 PM #6
This series continues to improve somehow. The first one was decent, but kind of lost me with the fact that it was a car movie that didn't seem to remotely understand cars. The second film is generally awful, but manages to set up characters that are fantastic later on. The third film is kind of forgettable, but well crafted. The fourth film is pretty terrific as a general action/revenge film. The fifth movie is an outstanding heist movie. The sixth movie basically amounts to a fantastic rescue action movie.

Overall, at the point when the third movie was released, I laughed at the series saying it was awful, due mainly to the abysmal part 2. As it stands now, I regard it as the premier action franchise in American cinema. It still doesn't seem to know anything about cars, or reality for that matter, but it's presented in such a confident way that I don't mind at all. The characters are great. The action is great. The cars (for the most part) are great.

I ****ing love this series now. I'm pumped for #7.
>>untie shoes
2013-06-02, 11:38 PM #7
I didn't even know they made a third one, and generally assumed there couldn't have been one anyway after the sequel was given such a corny name.
2013-06-03, 3:04 AM #8
Originally posted by Dash_rendar:

If you're not interested in automobiles, mindless action & plots that appear to have been written on napkins 5 minutes before they're filmed, it's likely that you won't care much for the films. I'd personally rather watch Vin Diesel's break-dancing videos.

P.S. On the subject of Vin Diesel films--I'm looking forward to Riddick: Rule The Dark, which is supposed to be out later this year.
? :)
2013-06-03, 10:04 AM #9
Originally posted by Antony:
The first one was decent, but kind of lost me with the fact that it was a car movie that didn't seem to remotely understand cars.

Whatever do you mean?

[http://i.imgur.com/hoZMoYz.jpg]
2013-06-03, 10:36 AM #10
Speaking of After Earth, I assume its another M. Night Shyamalan flop?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2013-06-03, 10:43 AM #11
After Earth?? more like afterbirth.
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2013-06-03, 3:21 PM #12
yeah i have to ignore that part of my brain that said "hey wait why would these people be using an auto" every time they showed them smacking the shifter on what was clearly an automatic (sure it was an auto with the "manual" mode but still)
2013-06-03, 5:54 PM #13
Originally posted by llibja:
After Earth?? more like afterbirth.

I tried to like/upvote/+1/digg this
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2013-06-03, 6:31 PM #14
That Cuda at the end is a legit car. I'm hoping it makes an appearance in the next film.
>>untie shoes
2013-06-04, 5:11 PM #15
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Speaking of After Earth, I assume its another M. Night Shyamalan flop?

I never actually realised he's the director. Did the marketing people finally realise that it isn't 1997 and his name isn't a draw anymore?
nope.
2013-06-04, 5:21 PM #16
Must have :P
2013-06-05, 2:26 AM #17
I've only seen the first one, I found it quite boring (car stuff does not interest me at all) and yet I'll be seeing number 6 this weekend. It's part of a movie marathon our cinema is having.
Hearing that it's more of a mindless action flick sounds good to me ;)
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2013-06-05, 2:14 PM #18
Originally posted by Baconfish:
I never actually realised he's the director. Did the marketing people finally realise that it isn't 1997 and his name isn't a draw anymore?

How was his name a draw in 1997, though?
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2013-06-05, 5:28 PM #19
I don't actually know or care when The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable came out, I'm just guessing.
nope.
2013-06-06, 3:26 AM #20
The last M. Night Shyamalan movies I remember liking was 'The Village'. Even that wasn't particularly great, except that during the movie I was picking up on some of the 'era' clues and at the time I thought it was just poor filmmaking. Stuff like 'In the 1800's there's no way an American Settlement of ~100 people would make a long fence out of wrought iron, or build a large glass greenhouse, those are just a huge waste of resources.' So then when the plot twist was revealed, I was amused that I made mental notes about several possible clues but had attributed it to poor writing/research.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-06-06, 6:38 AM #21
I wouldn't be surprised if some of those things *were* just mistakes.
2013-06-06, 8:05 AM #22
Originally posted by Baconfish:
I don't actually know or care when The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable came out, I'm just guessing.

OK. I think it struck me as weird to get that wrong because I was a teen at the time so '97 feels highly distinct from '99, and I happened to be in a pretty compatible demographic for The Sixth Sense when it came out.

Anyway, I've actually never really liked Shyamalan movies so much, I didn't even think Unbreakable was very good. The Sixth Sense is another story, though. It's not just because I liked it when I first saw it, because I think it's held up really well. I consider it a masterpiece, and in my top 3 list of all time horror movie greats. I want to think that some day, somehow MNS will once again strike gold by realizing an idea that well, or even close to it. After several tries it feels ever less likely, but he'll always be the person who's mainly responsible for one of my favorite movies ever, so I shall hold onto that wish until either he dies, or I do, so that even if he comes out with another masterpiece, I'll be a bit too busy being dead to be able to see it!
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2013-06-06, 10:03 PM #23
I really enjoy The Happening, but I don't think I enjoy it in the way it was intended to be enjoyed.
>>untie shoes
2013-06-06, 10:48 PM #24
I really enjoy The Happening, but I don't think I enjoy it in the way it was intended to be enjoyed.

I cannot read the title of that movie without imagining a guy wearing a goatee and shades snapping his fingers to an imaginary beat.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2013-06-07, 12:55 AM #25
Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rq-7zEVuwI
>>untie shoes
2013-06-07, 5:52 AM #26

Before you posted the Wahlberg clip, I had thought you meant you enjoyed it like twisted people enjoy watching 'Faces of Death' style movies.

But now that you point it out, Wahlberg's acting is hilariously awful. :)
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-06-07, 7:41 AM #27
My favorite part of Titanic is when everyone is falling off the boat & their bodies are smashing in to things on their way down.
2013-06-07, 12:38 PM #28
Whalberg said that when they started shooting the movie he realized it was a train wreck, and just started overdoing it deliberately.
>>untie shoes
2013-06-08, 2:21 AM #29
Originally posted by Mentat:
My favorite part of Titanic is when everyone is falling off the boat & their bodies are smashing in to things on their way down.

This is exactly how I feel about that movie.
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2013-06-10, 9:56 PM #30
Is this another movie where Vin Diesel tries to convince everybody that he's not gay?
2013-06-10, 10:35 PM #31
Originally posted by crazyed236:
Is this another movie where Vin Diesel tries to convince everybody that he's not gay?

I don't really think that's on the agenda of this film.
>>untie shoes
2013-06-11, 1:17 AM #32
Paloma Jimenez is the hottest man on the planet. Hania Riley is obviously only his child in the Michael Jackson sense.
2013-06-11, 4:56 AM #33
Originally posted by crazyed236:

This post got me thinking how amusing it would be to have a thread where we debate what real-life person is the most 'Badass Homosexual'. Cuz if Vin Diesel is gay then he just might have my vote.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-06-11, 5:57 AM #34
Originally posted by Mentat:
Paloma Jimenez is the hottest man on the planet. Hania Riley is obviously only his child in the Michael Jackson sense.

That seems like a weird way to say 2/3 adopted.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!