Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Destiny
Destiny
2013-06-10, 10:41 PM #1
Hi. It's been a long time.

I've been working on Bungie's new game for a while now and ever since I started on the team, I've wanted to come back and give you guys a peek. It's a weird feeling... Jedi Knight will be 16 years old this October. Without Star Wars and JK and, well, Massassi, I never would have studied animation and ended up in the games industry. Now I'm lucky enough to work with really talented folks on a massive game set in a 'mythic sci-fi' universe.

I'm really glad this place is still around and kicking (not only because my "level design" article is good for more than a few laughs) and I hope you guys enjoy the glimpse into the world we've been making.

-jim

Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Jx5__c1lY
2013-06-10, 11:29 PM #2
This is awesome, thanks for the preview! I have JK and Massassi to thank for what I'm doing professionally as well. I actually applied to the video editing position at Bungie last week. Do you like working there?
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2013-06-10, 11:47 PM #3
Cool! What's your position?
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2013-06-11, 3:37 AM #4
so how many little "hey don't forget we made marathon all them years ago" bits are tossed into this one?
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2013-06-11, 4:46 AM #5
Port it to PC when no ones watching. Thanks.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-06-11, 6:00 AM #6
Ooh, muchos nice-o.

After all, I guess it was your destiny. (heh)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-06-11, 10:12 AM #7
Congrats to your team for having a game demo that didn't crash during the presentation! :P
2013-06-11, 11:57 AM #8
Nice!

I remember back when I thought I wanted to get into the video games industry too. After years of soul searching, I ended up going in the opposite direction... now I work in the woods! :)
2013-06-11, 12:16 PM #9
Wow, jipe, this is really fantastic. I'm glad to hear you're in a good spot in the industry and enjoying it.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2013-06-11, 12:18 PM #10
Also, are you in Bellevue? I work in Redmond on Xbox Live. We should meet up sometime. There's a few other ians out this way too, like happydud, Brian, and Grismath when he's not living and working in Norway.
2013-06-12, 1:41 AM #11
I'll never forget Bungie's Oni. I'd pay for a sequel. Let me know if they need a writer or something. ;)
幻術
2013-06-12, 8:45 PM #12
Originally posted by Emon:
Also, are you in Bellevue? I work in Redmond on Xbox Live. We should meet up sometime. There's a few other ians out this way too, like happydud, Brian, and Grismath when he's not living and working in Norway.

I'm curious as to your thoughts of Xbox One's debut yesterday.

Also, congrats Jipe! Nice to see you back here. Pretty ****ing cool that you're working for Bungie now.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2013-06-12, 10:22 PM #13
Originally posted by Freelancer:

Heh I think this thread is about to go WAY offtopic. :eek:
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-06-12, 10:36 PM #14
Originally posted by Freelancer:

A lot's being poorly communicated (surprise, it's Microsoft!) and there's a lot more in the pipe. I think Sony doesn't have the confidence and ability we do in delivering services (and this is from someone looking to leave MS all together) so they made the same thing they've always made, the exception being Gaikai, which they acquired. I'd bet they're making a big bet on that for the future, which is why they're selling the PS4 most likely at a substantial loss. I'm also not confident Sony won't just implode in general.

I've got no particular loyalty to the product, though I do think the Xbox brand in general is one of Microsoft's best consumer brand. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, there's another 5-6 months before anyone ships, and there will be a lot of stuff coming after release from both parties.
2013-06-12, 10:43 PM #15
Originally posted by Emon:
A lot's being poorly communicated (surprise, it's Microsoft!)

just a wee bit

http://youtu.be/bTAKSBvuT-A?t=1m50s
2013-06-12, 10:44 PM #16
interviewer sounded so pissed off when he heard that
2013-06-13, 2:13 PM #17
Sorry, don't know how to play this video :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s110o3XzYU

Edit: Oh hey, I didn't know there was a Massassian working on Destiny. I've been pretty excited about it for a while. Congrats brotoceratops it looks very rad
2013-06-19, 7:46 AM #18
It's really cool that you work for them. :)

As for the game itself, I'd rather buy a new processor and then Battlefield 4 in all honesty, though. This looks a tad bit too generic for my taste.
幻術

↑ Up to the top!