Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dumb question about Super Metroid
Dumb question about Super Metroid
2013-06-17, 1:57 PM #1
Okay Massassi, you're my only hope. The internet is failing me.

Hi again, btw. It's been... awhile, I guess. Life is a crazy cyclic thing is it not? I hope all is well with you guys (and gals... there are still a few gals here, right, or did they finally flee?)

Anyway, we purchased Super Metroid for our Wii (not Wii U) a few months ago using up some points that were going to expire. But, we didn't have a classic controller, and I couldn't be bothered to go get one. So, my wife/kids got one for Father's Day.

The question is, my son is playing it already, but we can't figure out how to get out of his game and change users so I can play in a different game slot. Exiting the game or going back to the Wii menu and then returning just puts you right back where you were in the game. I cannot figure out how to pull up the Title screen to save my life.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2013-06-17, 2:07 PM #2
There should be a third option when you hit "home" while in the game: reset. That should be like resetting the SNES, bringing you back to the game's title screen. It does not erase save data.
2013-06-17, 3:06 PM #3
Hiya CM! Ah, see, we saw that, and I was afraid it cleared the save games, so we avoided clicking on it.

See, I KNEW Massassi would know the answer!
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."

↑ Up to the top!