Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → First Smartphone
First Smartphone
2013-07-17, 5:52 PM #1
Society basically forced it on me, but whatever. Galaxy S4 Active. I love that it's waterproof, since I currently work with water. Anybody have an S4 or S4 Active? I want to learn how to do cool **** with it. I also need a good case for it since it gets roughed up outdoors like every day. Any recommendations?

Every time I try to download an app it says "This app needs access to (lists a whole bunch of **** that sounds invasive that I really don't think such an app should need like contacts and GPS location etc) in order to operate. Click accept to continue!" Wtf is this? Does everybody I know who run all these random apps really accept all these terms?
2013-07-17, 7:22 PM #2
You have to accept the terms to install, so if you see someone using it, you know they said yes. Usually the permissions aren't too out of control (after all, if an app is going to message your friends, it's going to need your contacts, stuff like that).

That said, treat the phone with care. "Active" does not mean abuse. It's not actually waterproof, it's not dustproof, it's not military-spec at all. It's just got a special coating on it that protects it better than the average phone. Yes, the commercial is basically false advertising, welcome to Samsung.
2013-07-17, 10:44 PM #3
Anyone here try using NeverWet on their phone?
2013-07-18, 11:13 AM #4
It'll work, but wear off quickly. NeverWet is only really useful for applications that won't be exposed to wear and erosion.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!