Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → my awesome fanfic zomg
my awesome fanfic zomg
2013-08-05, 6:58 PM #1
for the game of FALLOUT
if anyone wants to read it, it's here:

Full story here: http://www.tyrovogel.com/FOPrimalScream1.pdf
6,600 words, 300kb

(wink wink, nudge nudge)

peace & love.

[https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1Z_MCw_4ZHg/UfsKUt3RqkI/AAAAAAAAAb0/LPXCl5gO4p0/w429-h765-no/fo_primal+scream2.jpg]
幻術
2013-08-06, 7:54 AM #2
I love Fallout. I may give this a try when I'm bored. =)
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2013-08-06, 8:22 AM #3
Tyro Vogel? Really, koobs??
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2013-08-06, 8:29 AM #4
Vogel means bird in Dutch.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2013-08-06, 11:26 AM #5
Vogel means McLovin' in 'Merican.
>>untie shoes
2013-08-06, 11:28 AM #6
I made some fanfic as well back in the day.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2013-08-06, 2:36 PM #7
Well I actually read it, koobie. I'm not much of a reader (because I don't read much) but I thought this was entertaining. I would surely read further to find out what goes down in New Reno. I've never really played the Fallout games, so any references to the source material are lost on me, but I didn't let that bother myself.

The whole confrontation revolving around the game of chess was a nice touch, and the way you put it in made enough sense to me (the captain using it as a way to decide whether Tommy's gonna walk or help them out) so it didn't feel like just some glued on thing.

I caught some grammatical errors/typos, but I suppose you've yet to properly check for those so to not come off as an ass or anything, I'll only point them out if you want me to.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2013-08-06, 6:22 PM #8
I read it and thought it was pretty good. Not sure I like how the 'parts' are divided up, they are too short.
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER
2013-08-07, 4:01 AM #9
Hi guys! Holy ****, you guys actually read it! Real cool.

>> Tyro Vogel? Really, koobs??

Haha. Jah, man. Beginner Bird. ;)

>> I made some fanfic as well back in the day .

It shames me to this day that I still haven't played either of those. I spend my gaming time either with "XCOM: Enemy Unknown" or "Fallout: New Vegas" nowadays, and re-installing JK or Deus Ex (and making them work) feels like a bit of a *****. However, I've heard they're both fantastic! ;)

>> I caught some grammatical errors/typos, but I suppose you've yet to properly check for those so to not come off as an ass or anything, I'll only point them out if you want me to.

Oh yeah, absolutely, every little bit helps (and saves me time, so thanks)!

>> I read it and thought it was pretty good. Not sure I like how the 'parts' are divided up, they are too short.

Yeah, they're divided as I write them, basically, hehe. It'll read better in 1 take (eg., in .pdf), but I like the Instant Gratification of the G+ Fallout Fan Club readers +1'ing my posts... ;) Talking about which, I took a day off, so there's no excuse not to write the EPIC CONCLUZION lulz.
幻術
2013-08-07, 5:11 AM #10
I bought 28 instant coffees. I'm drinking the 3rd.
幻術
2013-08-09, 12:50 AM #11
It haz been done.

6,600 words, 300kb
幻術
2013-08-10, 4:35 AM #12
Here's what the others are saying:

Vladislav Pervushin
Thank you very much, I had a nice time reading your story, and the story is good. English is not my native, I read mostly technical literature, news and forums in it, so I can't judge about language quality of fiction texts, but I'm perfectly sure that it is the best Fallout fan fiction story I've ever read. Thank you very much again and I hope if you write another one we'll hear about it :)
Damn, it seems I miss Fallout 2 atmosphere :)))

Raja Swaminathan
Awesome with a capital A!

Thomas Tenbey
Awesome short story! I can tell a lot of time and effort went into this fan-fic, and you should be proud. I enjoyed it throughout.
I'm looking forward to any more you might write.

DL the 300kb .pdf and read it at your leisure at the cost-effective price of FREE! Link below! Yep, I'm really pimping this, woohoo. Anyways. Thanks a lot to all those who read it. I don't usually write fan-fic, but when I write it, I write *FALLOUT* fan-fic. ;)

6,600 words, 286kb
幻術
2013-08-10, 11:09 AM #13
ePub or gtfo. :-P
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2013-08-10, 4:46 PM #14
here u go: http://www.tyrovogel.com/FPS1.epub
幻術
2013-08-11, 10:45 AM #15
awww, thanks koobs. i'll stick it on my tablet and get around to it whenever.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2013-08-11, 5:05 PM #16
No worries. Thanks for giving it a chance. ;)
幻術
2013-08-12, 9:06 AM #17
Wow, I really enjoyed it! Not going to lie, I had every intention of just skimming it, but ended up reading the whole thing! I like that you don't necessarily have to be familiar with the game to enjoy the story.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2013-08-12, 8:37 PM #18
I'm writing a fan fic now, it's for Doctor Who and is set in July of 1969, a reference sure to be recognized by any followers of the modern series. It's focused on what three side characters from the series were doing at that time: Sarah Jane Smith, the Brigadier, and Billy Shipton from Blink.

-Unfortunately, it's a draft or two away from publishable state.
2013-08-13, 1:30 PM #19
Thanx 4 reading, Darth! Megawesomeness. It's all for practice anyway (and I like telling stories)... ;)

Jarl, let me know if you need some writery advise or whatnot. I mean, I'm not qualified to give anybody advise, but I can tell you what I think... Even if you won't like it. Heh. Most "serious" writing related boards tend to have a no-fan-fic policy from what I've seen...

And for good reason.
幻術
2013-08-13, 4:00 PM #20
To Jarl:

How to be a better writer?

Think that you suck, and write accordingly. As in, always try to get better.

I'm very lucky to have some friends who tell me my **** sucks, validating their points with sound arguments. I wish the same to you.

Also, critique boards. You should try:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/
Share Your Work subforum
password is vista

http://www.critters.org

The latter will get you 20+ or so crits per piece (there's also a section for novels), but you have to read stuff in return.

Another good way is to write short stories for paying markets. Once you make a sale or two, you'll know you're probably better than you thought.

And don't let anyone disappoint you. Love what you do and do what you love.

Hope this helps.

Peace & love.
幻術

↑ Up to the top!